35 year record search comes to an end!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I was just a kid back in the 70's, I had a favorite 1956 novelty record that belonged to my mother. The record was a 45 RPM (remember those :p). I literally played this record hundreds of times until I accidentally sat on it and broke it around 1980. For 35 years, I've thought of this record from time to time, always wishing I could hear it just one more time. I didn't know the title or who did it, which made searching pretty impossible.

Today was one of those days that I thought of it again. The finals words of the 2 part (A and B side) record came to mind "good bye earth people". I thought, if Siri can can figure out the name of a song, I wonder.... So I typed those last words into Google and bang there it was on youtube restored to CD quality. After 35 years the search was over in a matter of seconds. I'm curious if anyone remembers this record, the only time I ever heard it was on my little bedroom record player.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't remember ever hearing that.
Must have been before my time.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sent the link to my younger sister to see if she remembered the record. She was thrilled to hear it again after all these years also. I guess it runs in the family :p