24 to 36 hour loads

astikhossw

Seasoned Expediter
Are most of you teams running loads were the mileage is only about 700 to 750 and you have about that amount time to get it there(24 to 36 hours),the reason that i ask is i know other operators at other companies that are giving loads like this to solo operators and giving them enough time to get the loads there (HOS),and these loads are still expedited loads, and also none of them are weekend runs some of these operator are getting 1000 to 1500 mile weekend runs.The main reason i need to know the anwser to this is if i need to hang around any longer with cc.I mean if they can'nt show anymore respect than that to only run solo's contractor's for the most part 200 to 500 mile runs at a really cheap rate then they may not need this operator.:mad:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Van or straight? I can tell you they book most loads straight thru... so if its over 550 (straight) or 700 (van) its goin team.. unless its a weekend load.

Dale

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
As a team our average run length is 1000 miles straight through.
I am running solo this month and being offered up to 550 mile straight through runs. Most opps are for around 300 miles. Occasionally on the weekends I will get a longer one.

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
Tried it six months as a single. Made some decent money some weeks and some weeks didn't make any. I am now a team. Much better. The HOS rule and the EOBR does not favor the single driver doing expediting. I did run into some single drivers at other companys that were getting more than the 520 loads. Good luck

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I agree it is harder for a single. Fedex's model is "usually" straight thru... whereas other companies seem to book freight that's not "as" urgent. Its nice to get the cool loads, but a mix would be nice, i must admit.