2021 General Expediter Chat

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like time for a new location maybe. Maybe closer to the center of the country for convenience of attendees.
It's been moved a few times now....and it cost alot of money to rent these places.
I wonder what a fair ground would cost to rent?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Amazon Expedite? Or just logistics masterminds

Sure seems like both, I’m still trying to figure out how…

A new option feature was added for me on select orders to have the item arrive the next morning for $2.99 (I already have free 1-2 day shipping with my Prime membership).

It was 10:30pm at night and they are telling me it would be there in the morning between 8am-11am. Plus, I still could place my order for 6 more hours which would be around a 4am cutoff time for a 8am-11am delivery. Im still 40 miles from the nearest fulfillment center, and surely not the only customer. I was like yeah, sure it will

I really needed the item ASAP so I tried it.
8am this morning the package was at my door. Amazon also for the 1st time included a picture of the delivery.

IMG_7158.jpg

I’ve heard about the same day delivery if you live close enough, which is pretty amazing, and I’m always surprised when a package shows up the next day when they said 2, but having something where I live, arrive hours latter, just blows my mind.

The funny thing was I misread the order amount, I was expecting to get 2 (knee braces) but got 1, so I placed another order. And I could have it in 4 hours for $2.99 or the next day for free. How the hell are they doing this? 4 hours? Are they running non-stop shuttles to the area?

Their logistics just blows my mind. Thanks Amazon, but this time, I can wait till tomorrow for my spare

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
They literally have a brand new Amazon warehouse in toledo,ohio and plan to build a smaller incity fulfillment center next.
And yes they almost run as hard as we do .

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They literally have a brand new Amazon warehouse in toledo,ohio and plan to build a smaller incity fulfillment center next.
And yes they almost run as hard as we do .
I'm wondering if there is a new closer Unlisted Hub by me. I placed a order today at 3PM, and it's suppose to be here today by 5pm-10pm :oops:
I even have some fresh food and grocery options I didn't have before. Although, I'll pass on the grocery option, as everything is at least 3X-4X or more expensive. I'll pass on the 5 pound bag of Red potatoes for $15 vs. $3.97 at Walmart :tearsofjoy:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering what caused the massive backup on I-94 yesterday coming from the Blue Water Bridge. I was coming home via I-69 when I saw it, Glad I took the scenic route ;)

Traffic around Blue Water Bridge improving after end of Canadian border strike​

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And there is the problem, not enough newbies.
We seem to chase them off too quickly. Sad .
I think we need to start a new recruitment campaign ;)
Personally, I don't think many new people know we are even here. I've had so many blank looks over the years when I talk to someone about EO :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It’s Labor Day Weekend already?

Wasn’t it just Memorial Day.

Seems like most holidays come as a surprise to me these days

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: muttly

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think we need to start a new recruitment campaign ;)
Personally, I don't think many new people know we are even here. I've had so many blank looks over the years when I talk to someone about EO :rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing. I'm on a few Sprinter groups on Facebook and guys yall wouldn't believe some of the stuff on there. I've posted many times about this site but it gets deleted or im asked to remove my post. Alot of times I have pm different people and sent them here to read back the last 10 years cause they would learn a few things here than just asking on Fb.

But yea I wish we could build this site back like it used to be. I know I was off for a long time and I missed it. But life had me in a bad way. And I had lost my password to get back on here where I could post. I hope everyone is doing well.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was thinking the same thing. I'm on a few Sprinter groups on Facebook and guys yall wouldn't believe some of the stuff on there. I've posted many times about this site but it gets deleted or im asked to remove my post. Alot of times I have pm different people and sent them here to read back the last 10 years cause they would learn a few things here than just asking on Fb.

But yea I wish we could build this site back like it used to be. I know I was off for a long time and I missed it. But life had me in a bad way. And I had lost my password to get back on here where I could post. I hope everyone is doing well.
Yes, it has definitely changed for the worse over the years. Nothing like it used to be. YouTube and Facebook have definitely been a "go to" source for expedite information for your questions. Used to be where several conversations were going on in many different threads at once with immediate responses. Not so much anymore. Now, a response to your post may take a day. Or two. Or three...lol..

Reactions: Jason2

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think Facebook over the years has had a major pull from all forum type media like EO. With the high turn over in this business, and newer people only knowing the world of Facebook or YouTube, it's pretty hard to just maintain active membership, let alone get new people.

However, I have seen a small shift in people leaving Facebook for the reasons you mentioned. Besides most groups being a hot mess, censorship, deleting of posts and entire groups have been on the rise. And not just from who runs the group, but from Facebook it's self.

Several groups have been returning to forum based sights just out of fear of Facebook deletion, but this is still a very small amount compared to the congregation centerpiece. Hopefully, when enough people get sick of the Facebook BS, lack of organization and good information, they will seek out other sources. But how will they find EO, a once flourishing sight that has all but been forgotten? That's the bigger question :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jason2 and Ragman

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats why I've been pushing this site heavily lately. I love this site and all you guys. Yall were a big help to me.