2021 General Expediter Chat

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't worry. They're going to spend a whole 5% of the money on actual bridges and infrastructure and only waste 95% of the money.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Surprise gift or something much worse?...

I received a small package in the mail that I wasn’t expecting. Sad that my 1st thoughts were glitter bomb or anthrax.

I carefully opened it and peaked in...

My surprise gift arrived from a couple of months ago from when I registered my vinyl record account with a company. It was a surprise alright

I was glad I could laugh now.

Actually, I think it’s kind of cool. A coaster made to look like a record. The nostalgic nerd part of me really liked it haha.

IMG_6933.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Surprise gift or something much worse?...

I received a small package in the mail that I wasn’t expecting. Sad that my 1st thoughts were glitter bomb or anthrax.

I carefully opened it and peaked in...

My surprise gift arrived from a couple of months ago from when I registered my vinyl record account with a company. It was a surprise alright

I was glad I could laugh now.

Actually, I think it’s kind of cool. A coaster made to look like a record. The nostalgic nerd part of me really liked it haha.

View attachment 20588

I’ve been using Rap CDs as coasters for years.

• Haha
Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow! I just shook hands with someone for the 1st time since the pandemic started.

I had some HVAC work being done. I must of been in shock after learning there was no charge for the service, that I didn’t think twice when he offered his hand. It wasn’t till after he left that I realized what happened. Can’t say I didn’t go wash my hands IMG_6964.JPG

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Finally ezpass transponders will work here in Florida, it only took them how many years to make this happen?

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

expediteisawesome

Rookie Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey guys, if anyone needs a load board to get cargo,sprinter or straight truck freight. Please DM and i will point you to a new expedite load board. I won't post it here because I don't want to advertise on this forum and things like that, but message me if you're an owner operator that just needs help getting started or someone that just needs to add some freight to their business. Also, if you need any other assistance, please let me know as i've been in the industry for quite some time now. I know how hard it was to start so I just want to help as many of you guys out as possible.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this is a sad death that should never of happened in Novi Michigan.

Columbus Blue Jackets goalie killed in fireworks incident

It got me wondering about the current fireworks laws for Michigan. Last time I knew, the strict rule of if it flies off the ground it's illegal was in place.

What types of fireworks are legal in Michigan?
Consumer fireworks

Roman candles
Bottle rockets
Missile type rockets
Aerials
Reloadable shell devices
Firecrackers
Helicopter/aerial spinners
Single tube device with report

I was surprised that there are certain days and times for fireworks. The state reduced the days from 30-12. Apparently, the No Fly law is long gone. However, there are pretty strict consequences (if enforced) if something goes wrong.

Penalties for Fireworks Violations
There are several civil and criminal penalties regarding violations of firework laws in Michigan. While these are not the only penalties, these are the most common:

Selling fireworks to a person under 18-years old, 1st Offense: Civil infraction, $1,000 fine.
Selling fireworks to a person under 18 -years old, 2nd Offense: Civil infraction, $2,500 fine.
Use of fireworks under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Civil infraction, $1,000 fine.
Setting off fireworks on public property: 30-day misdemeanor, $500 fine.
Setting off fireworks causing property damage: 90-day misdemeanor and $5,000 fine.
Setting off fireworks causing serious injury to another: 5-year felony, and $5,000 fine.
Setting off fireworks causing the death of another: 15-year felony, and $10,000 fine.

Since firework time normally sounds like a war zone where I live, I stay inside and hope the house don't catch on fire :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ragman

Uedex

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi guys, need Canadian help here. any recommendation for spinter van expedite carrier in Ontario?
Do I need a CVOR for a 9500lbs spirnter van?