2020 Cascadia Tractor

Truckpal

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
I am fond of the Cascadias and from time to time, one needs sold or purchased. Is this a good place to sell a new 2020 cascadia to another fleet owner without interfering with the driver's pay? I am paying 40% of the load gross to the driver and he just started. The truck has a new thermoking warranty, auto trans, chrome wheels, fridge, 5k factory warranty and only 71,000 miles and counting. The driver has no tickets or accidents. It took 8 weeks for the driver to be processed and 9 days (7 business days) to get a trailer to pickup. All the begging for help has left me wondering about the future, and I'd like to move on to somewhere else, but the driver doesn't want to. He loves the idea of being at Landstar. Nonetheless, if you are an old-pro Landstar fleet owner, I thought this may be a place to ask.

Reactions: asap4u

asap4u

Expert Expediter
It sounds like you are in a good place for making a good profit in today’s high spot rate environment. When did you acquire the tractor and at what mileage? I would think the balance of the factory warranty would be greater than 5k miles with only 17k miles at present.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am fond of the Cascadias and from time to time, one needs sold or purchased. Is this a good place to sell a new 2020 cascadia to another fleet owner without interfering with the driver's pay? I am paying 40% of the load gross to the driver and he just started. The truck has a new thermoking warranty, auto trans, chrome wheels, fridge, 5k factory warranty and only 71,000 miles and counting. The driver has no tickets or accidents. It took 8 weeks for the driver to be processed and 9 days (7 business days) to get a trailer to pickup. All the begging for help has left me wondering about the future, and I'd like to move on to somewhere else, but the driver doesn't want to. He loves the idea of being at Landstar. Nonetheless, if you are an old-pro Landstar fleet owner, I thought this may be a place to ask.
Listen, you're the owner. You go where you want to go. If the driver wants to go with you, then great. If not, find another driver. Most companies you contract with will have drivers they can put in your truck. You have to do what's best for your business and don't allow a driver to prevent you from doing so.

Grumpy Grandpa

New Recruit
Researching
US Army
I have to agree with Shotcaller. As you stated "he's a new driver" .... I'm no sure if that's new to you, new to the industry or both, but, unless you gave him a written guarantee (or some sort of pinkie swear) he works for you ! Take your "Bat, Ball & Glove" and go play a new game on a different field .... invite him to play on your team; if he doesn't want to then have him leave your bullpen!.... keep the truck and put it to work ! Unless of course you are planning to sit on the porch and watch the "big dogs" go by.... you need to be either all in or all out, your the Captain so set your course .

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shotcallerj

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
If he's at Landstar, he's not new to the industry. While I wholeheartedly agree with the onboarding that makes uphill molasses look fast, waiting to get a trailer is somewhat on you/him. There are several ways to skin that cat the day he/she leaves orientation. That said, it looks like he's pulling a wagon now (I know, the post is a little stale). My advice is to leave it. Landstar's got several warts, but well-paying freight is not one of them. Yes, I'm biased.