2019 Hino 338 p0005 +p0007 codes

Delmolino

Seasoned Expediter
My driver received these two codes on his truck. We had to manually Regen the truck to clear the DPR and the check engine light is still on. I'm guessing I will have to just bring it to the dealer but I thought I would see if this was something simple that could be dealt with in house. Thank you.
P00057TH INJECTOR FCV FUNCTIONAL ERROR
P00077TH INJECTOR FCV CIRCUIT VOLTAGE HIGH

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Check the wire going to the fuel cut valve, it is a one wire valve as it is case grounded. If you have dealer software you can command the valve on and install a test headlamp and verify it is getting good power. The valve essentially opens to allow fuel to the 7th injector. If the computer sees an issue it can use this valve to cut off the fuel supply to the 7thn injector. I have seen sevral P0005 codes but never a P0007. Is it possible you unplugged it during testing? If not see the attached service bulletin. Let us know how you make out.

Attachments

• p0005.pdf
    730 KB · Views: 21

Delmolino

Seasoned Expediter
Sent it to the dealer and it was in fact a fuel cut valve. Part was covered under warranty but still had to pay for the labor unfortunately. Thank you for the response and the attached service bulletin.

Reactions: Hino123