2016themovie.com

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Classic example of preaching to the choir which will not convert a soul.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
With that said, will anything either side says at this point convert anybody?
I don't think so, because most people have already made up their minds and aren't even listening, anyway. Four years ago 40 million viewed McCain's acceptance speech, which was aired across 7 networks. This year, across 11 networks, only 30 million watched Romney, and his opening act was Clint Eastwood. And the most-watched post-convention coverage was the "preach-to-me-network", Fox News, by a wide margin.

On Thursday, Fox News Channel drew 9.1 million viewers, compared with 4.4 million for ABC, 3.9 million for NBC, 3.7 million for CBS, 2.3 million for CNN and 1.9 million for MSNBC. Ratings for Fox held relatively steady vs. its 2008 final night coverage, down just 2 percent. Other networks dipped in viewership, sharply, with NBC and CNN down more than 50 percent, CBS down 30 percent, ABC down 26 percent and MSNBC down 25 percent compared with four years ago.

I think a lot of people have come to the realization that, despite each and every one of the previous 56 presidential elections having been "the most important election in your lifetime!" that this election, like all the others, is nothing more than Coke versus Pepsi. Oh, there are a few who are hangin' tough and see dramatic night and day differences between the two candidates, but these people have deluded themselves, or they are single-issue voters who are already pretty stupid to begin with.

Four years ago I noted that elections are vastly overrated as a means for restraining government abuses. That the more people who believe that the 2008 election will end the abuses of the Bush era, the easier it will be for the next president to perpetuate Bush's principles and precedents. And that's exactly what happened. Obama took what Bush gave him and ran with it. The same thing will be true with this election - regardless of who wins it.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I think 90% of the voters have made their choice. I don't believe polls because most pollers are biased. In my opinion the biggest factor now is "Will they go and vote?".

My biggest question is "How did O'b get there in the first place?".

I want to see the movie, hope it's out on Video soon.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
U know the Obama crowd in here have loved the past 4 years and are looking forward to more stimulus packages and debt and rightfully so. It gives us, the non Obamians something to fuss about and so forth. We need higher gas and diesel prices because it will keep the everyday citizen off the roads so expediters have less nitwits to contend with out here. If you are getting fuel surcharges in your check, then it does not matter as you will be able to buy gas without any grief. Of course you will not be getting a surcharge on groceries, electricity, and so on, but that doesnt matter, just so you have fuel to run on is all that counts. Just look around at Detroit, Gary, Ca,Birmingham,Al and see how well they are doing this year. Remember Obama said this chair is taken and so is the garden plot. :rolleyes:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I think 90% of the voters have made their choice. I don't believe polls because most pollers are biased. In my opinion the biggest factor now is "Will they go and vote?".

My biggest question is "How did O'b get there in the first place?".

I want to see the movie, hope it's out on Video soon.
So most people have already made up their minds so what it does not hurt to try to get more people to see the movie and still might be able to sway some people to change their vote away from Obama even if its only a few thats still less votes for Obama

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
So most people have already made up their minds so what it does not hurt to try to get more people to see the movie and still might be able to sway some people to change their vote away from Obama even if its only a few thats still less votes for Obama

90,000,000 voters will not vote this year, stubborn .............