Cargo Van 2016 Dodge Promaster

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Hi all, I bought my 2016 Promaster early October and so far other than a few headlights, nothing to worry about yet. Did have a turn signal in driver side mirror go out, went to dealer to have replaced, but they had to order the bulb. Once I went back in to have it installed the mechanic cracked the mirror glass. Had to wait for them to get approval to cover it under warranty, I mean they would have paid either way to fix it, but saved me the cost of the bulb and the labor since it comes new on the mirror assembly they replaced it with.

Other than that, there is a minor issue with the trip computer from day 1. Trip A and B, even after resetting it will always read 4.7 avg mpg. Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but dealership checked their other 2016 and it had the same issue.

Currently over 46,000 miles...change my oil every 8-10,000 miles. I use Mobil 1, and put Motorkote in every other oil change. Rotate the tires every other oil change (about 20,000 miles). Probably replace air filter in the next 20,000 miles depending on condition.

Any suggestions for other preventative maintenance and intervals is highly encouraged. I will update again as time goes on. I am very happy so far with this vehicle.

Reactions: NorthernBill

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check out Euro Campers. They have additional parts for our vans that don't exist in the states, like great screened window visors that let in air, but keep out the rain, and only $100 for the pair.

Reactions: schwanman