2015 Hino 195 issues HELP!!!

Midnight9029

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Okay so here's my problem. I have a 2015 Hino 195. Transmission light came on blinking check A/T. I pull the transmission pan change the fluid the filter looks nasty I change the filter also. The truck was in limp mode and will not come out of limp mode. The indicator on the dash telling me what gear its in disappears and then it shifts really hard when I pull it out of park to put in drive or reverse. Also the transmission fluid is not getting hot or warm. Maybe it was due to the filter being clogged? Is there a way to get it out of limp mode? I have no check engine lights or anything on everything is off except for check A/T keeps flashing.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The truck really needs to be hooked up to the DXII software to get an accurate diagnosis. Start with this.

It sounds like you lost the range switch on the side of the transmission where the gear shift shaft goes in. Water gets in these switches and messes them up.. There's an updated wiring harness for it too. The switch needs to be adjusted correctly.