2013 Hino 338 Injectors

jeffcarl

Seasoned Expediter
I purchased a set of Denso injectors from bigmachineparts dot com last week, $240 each, part #095000-6593. Sold to me as genuine Denso parts. They arrived in what appear to be Denso OEM packaging. They also have the red printed paper advising the necessity of registering each injector to the ECU. That's all well & good EXCEPT there is no registration code. No meaningful code on the box label or on the injector. The box does have a bar code & a QR, but both read out only the part number. There is a QR looking code on top of the injector, but this unreadable. The vendor says that he checked with Denso & they told him to just install them with the old (existing injector) codes. I sincerely doubt that.

Questions:
1. Anyone have experience with bigmachineparts dot com?
2. Is it true that new injectors can be installed with existing codes?
3. Is it most likely that these are knock-offs?

Thank You0330211726a.jpg
0330211708.jpg

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had a 2005 Hino that I replaced the injectors in and the new ones did come with the paper with the code, but I didnt have the software to input the codes and I never had any issues. From what I read, the codes are just to help the ECM to fine tune the pulses, the ECM will adapt on its own in time.

jeffcarl

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you Coalminer. Were your replacement injectors Denso or knock-offs? Mine are in Denso labeled boxes, but I strongly suspect they are China knock-offs.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Im pretty sure they were genuine Denso ones, I ordered them from a place in China and it took me almost 2 months to get them but I paid about the same as you did and no core charge either. I looked up that site you referenced and wow, the dealership wanted about $750 each plus a core charge when I was searching for mine. Since your truck is a 2013 I bet they want even more.

jeffcarl

Seasoned Expediter
Hino finally offers reman injectors for around $370 each. It's a tough call whether to keep them or bite the Hino bullet for their reman units. My dealer here in Rochester is very good to me, but there's only so much he can do.