2009 268 DPF Thermal management

burn_your_money

New Recruit
Mechanic
I'm working on a 2009 with 500k kms on it (300k miles). We are replacing a DPF under warranty that was replaced 10 months ago. We have soot out the tail pipe.
While using the SnapOn scanner, I noticed that the DPF Thermal Management A... was set to "Don't care". Does this mean anything that I need to look at?

Is there a program I can use for this truck that is better than the SnapOn one but doesn't cost $1800/year from the dealer?

burn_your_money

New Recruit
Mechanic
I forgot to add, I ran the truck briefly without the DPF hooked up and also the DPF inlet sensor unhooked. It did not throw any codes which is why I'm concerned about the above setting. I checked voltage at both sensors and it was 4.99v. I will be load testing the wires shortly.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Get a Russian bootleg copy of DX off Ebay ($25), then Buy a Chinese Nexiq for $140, then get the Hino adaptor from amazon for $ 22. Once you have all those sell that snap on scanner. Inspect thE wires right at the sensors for breaking or fretting. The DPR fails because of something upstream most likely injectors and/or an exhaust brake adjustment. If the injectors are overfueling you will breach every DPR you install on the truck until you fix thee problem. The filter is like a fuse, it doesn't go bad on its own. If you are going to load test the sensor wires do it this way I attached a pdf. Good luck

Attachments

• 09-006 DPR Temp Sensors.pdf
    342.2 KB · Views: 6