2007 Sprinter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The next time you see any actual Mobile 1 0W-40 in a Wal Mart, please let me know where that Wal Mart is. I keep reading where Wal Mart carries it, but I have yet to find it on the shelves. They have the little bar code sticker thingy on the fronts of the shelves all ready and waiting, but never any oil there.

At Autozone, they have a loyalty card that gives you a $20 credit every time you have 5 purchaces of $20 or more within a 6 month period. A single purchase of $100 is still only one $20 purchase. But, what I do is, every now and then, when I pass an Autozone, I'll go in and buy 4 quarts of oil. It's like $6.49 a quart, and 3 of them is only $19.47, so no credit for a $20 purchase. Four of them is $25.94, so that qualifies. Sometimes I'll buy 3 of them and then get something that's $1 or something, to get above the $20 threshold. About every 5th purchase they will apply the $20 credit right then and there to whatever I'm buying at the time, usually more oil.

Here's the thing. If I always buy 4 quarts at a time, that's $25.94 for each purchase, and when I do that 5 times, that's 20 quarts for a total of $129.70. I take off my free $20, and that makes it $109.70 for 20 quarts of oil, or $5.49 a quart.

If I need a replacement headlamp, I won't buy one for $10 if I can two for $20, that's a $20 purchase. (although, I use the Silverstar Ultra's that are more than $20 a pair). In other words, every time I buy something at AutoZone, I try to make it at least a $20 purchase, even if it means something I don't need at the moment, but eventually will. And if I'm buying a bunch of stuff that's well over $20, I'll break it up into multiple purchases to try and keep each purchase as close to $20 a pop as I can. I need to go by there and get some windshield washer fluid, so when I go I'll probably also get a windshield wiper or two, or something else that I know I'm gonna need, to make it a $20 purchase. I won't buy something that I don't, or won't, need, tho, just to make it $20. That defeats the purpose, even though AutoZone would be fine with that.

Turtle..we are at exit 174 on I24 Lookout Mountain TN $5.97 a quart...the walmart here has 0w40 in stock