2007 Hino overheat problems

Dejan

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 2007 hino 338. Heaving problems uphill. Always overheat. Changed radiator, fan clutch, oil cooler seal. Still same problems. Driving normally is ok normal heat but only happens uphill. Anyone can help?

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you checked the head gasket? In the rear of the engine by the oil cooler was it all wet/any antifreeze present? That’s where a lot of these head gaskets give out. Does it over heat {antifreeze coming out of the radiator} or just get to the red mark in the temperature gauge? Do you have the correct lbs radiator cap?

Last edited:

Dejan

Seasoned Expediter
Yes antifreez was present in that area so thay changed gasket for oil cooler. I don't know if is any leak from head gasket. No leak over radiator just hitting red marker. Radiator cap is 0.5. So probably head gasket?

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you checked the area again since you replaced the oil cooler o rings? That’s where my head gasket went. But my truck also goes to the red mark going up long/steep with weight on board. It usually hits The beginning of the red and stays there. The only other way you can tell if the head gasket is bad is to get an oil analysis done. That’s how I found out about mine and the leak in the rear of the oil cooler. BTW my cap is a 9

Reactions: Dejan

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
i would try some break cleaner to clean in the rear part of the engine and keep checking it. An oil analysis will take about 2 weeks to come back from Wix.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine does the same. I usually down shift to hold it in 3 or 4 gear and keep it at about 2K rpm or to the end on the green on the rpm gauge. The temperature gauge sit right before the red. I’ve had the truck for 3 years now and has always done the same thing since the head gasket was done.

Dejan

Seasoned Expediter
Iam trying to do the same with low gear but sometimes going up it takes forever and temperature going up to the red. ill try with different radiator cap. BTW how much was head gasket?

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well. I did other stuff since we were in there. I figure that I mite as well start replacing things since the whole top of the engine was going to be off. I would have to say about $2500-$3000.