2007 business class m2106

pmotrucking

Seasoned Expediter
i have a 2007 freightliner business class m2 106 64" sleeper with a cat 9 335 hp and an allison automatic transmission trying to get an accurate mpg usually only carry 2000 pounds mostly flat highway driving at 65 mph on cruise control truck has 2 60 gallon tanks i understand terrain plays a part in mpg but need to know if anyone else owns one and what mpg's they get for some reason i think im getting 8 mpg was told i should be getting between 9 or 10 also if some one does own one if you have the same size tanks how far can you drive with the tanks full 120 gallons of diesel.i have noticed that while the fuel gage reads empty i look inside the fuel tanks and both tanks the fuel tube inside is at least 3 inches or 4 into the fuel trying to figure out how many gallons that could be in each tank. i also stick it and the fuel is at least 3 to four inches up the stick.thinking i should be getting at least 1000 miles on 120 gallons of fuel.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Not identical but I drive an 03 day cab with a 3126, 6spd manual, twin 50 gallon tanks. I consistently get around 9.5. I've found the tanks aren't that accurate whether I've just filled it (reads about 2 needle widths below full) or when its showing E -which typically still has around 10 gallons in each tank. I normally fill it around 1000km and put in around 255 litres, I've gone as far as 1180 and still only put in around 280L. Also the gauge stops working altogether every now and then, (reads empty) then will just up and work again - so I tend to base my fuel needs on mileage rather than the gauge.........owner is cheap. LOL

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Start with full tanks, write down the odometer reading. Keep track of all the fuel that you have put in. After you run about 10K miles Fuel up again and then you will know. It will also help to slow down 5 or 10 miles an hour.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Slowing down is the ticket, or no ticket may be better. We try to stay between 57-62mph.
We get between 9.5 to 10.8mpg out of a MBE4000 with 450hp. Best we have ever done was 11.7mpg. Layoutshooter