2005 Chevy Astro Astro VAN AWD

roosterado9

New Recruit
Driver
This Van has almost 200,000 miles. It is a work van with a fancy ladder rack, I want to use it as my camoing Van. I often camp In Minnesota State Forests and it is best to have 4 wheel drive on some of the forest roads. They are asking $2900. I am thinking of offering $2500

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 2.20.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 2.20.26 PM.png
    793.6 KB · Views: 7

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This Van has almost 200,000 miles. It is a work van with a fancy ladder rack, I want to use it as my camoing Van. I often camp In Minnesota State Forests and it is best to have 4 wheel drive on some of the forest roads. They are asking $2900. I am thinking of offering $2500
How does it run?

Reactions: roosterado9

roosterado9

New Recruit
Driver
I am waiting for this yrs tax refund to have the cash to make an offer after I test drive. The Van look clean for a 2005. I will also ask to see his service records. I have a rusty but trusty 1987 GMC r1500 Suburban 4x4 now I use to camp in. It only gets 14mpg on the highway. It has 98,000 miles. Most of my camping trips to Northern Mn are 400 to 700 mile round trips.

Reactions: Ragman

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’ve owned a few astros and safaris in my day, all have hit the 400,000 mark with just good maintenance, other than the one weak link which is the transmission, never got one to last more than 150,000 miles

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

expediteisawesome

Rookie Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those chevys waste so much gas, which seems to be their biggest downfall. If you are just using it to go camping then I guess it will work, but sprinters are just the way to go when it comes to efficiency. You can then also always run some loads with it too! haha:D