1943 Stearman

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for any comments. :confused:

Cant help ya with the truck but by going by your screen name I can put you in a 1943 Stearman.
Toms Plane.jpg Photo from a local paper in Houghton Lake Mich a few years ago..Ready to fly but does need some TLC..Xtra eng. in the deal. :cool:

Properly be good only for small package delivery but with open cockpit your drop times should be good.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Re: Where to begin?

Do you know if that plane belonged to Ron Czech ?
A departed farmer /truck hauler friend from Mich.
He owned two of them.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Do you know if that plane belonged to Ron Czech ?
A departed farmer /truck hauler friend from Mich.
He owned two of them.

My brother owns this since as far back as I can remember. I cant honestly tell you who he bought it from or what year but I'm thinking I was just coming out of grade school..I will forward the name for ya..Could be a small world..
Not allot of them left but a few still in service..It can be seen most years in the Air show in Grayling Mich alone side the National Guard. He use to fly in with a group of NG helocopters..Not every year but often.

zorry

Veteran Expediter

You'd almost have to think they would have known each other.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Very Possible..I have been up with him many times with another one alone side of us. But I never really knew his buddys by names. As I got older I knew planes and me where not meant to fly like these can..Im more of a level flight guy not upside down..LOL
Do you remeber what airport he was at? Im thinking some of the older smaller airfeilds we went to are now gone. What city or community?

zorry

Veteran Expediter

He had an airstrip at his farm in Mich. I was there once. Think maybe a little north of Holland ?
Had a farm in Minn also. May have had planes there also.
When he pensioned off he took his Yellow Volvo and mated it to a wrecked Argosy Motorhome.
He was a character !
Passed of cancer two or three years back.

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Some guy wants to buy a van trl, a flatbed trl, or a dropdeck trl but doesn't know what he'll be hauling.
Rather than saying "you're putting the cart before the horse", we made a left turn talking about Michiganners that are smart enough not to expedite but instead fly whacky airplanes.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Sorry to hear of your freinds passing..
He use to set that plane down in some strange places..Places I wouldnt drive my truck thru. Cant ever remeber being near Holland..Ya wouldnt think it but its a very sturdy plane and handles stress in many different way. Both me and my brother have gotten older and smarter and propely will never see that plane doing what it does best again..He can still fly it but he wont make it perform like he use too.