12 year old felony...

Expert Expediter
will this stop me from being qualified by all the companies??
i am lookin 2 drive for someone,but i see most ads say u need to be qualified first, I thought background searches ony go back 7 years??
any help appreciated
thank you

paperback1

Expert Expediter
Backround checks will catch things 30yrs old my freind. Having a felony won't disqualify you from all companies, some don't run canada, so there should be no problems there, and the ones that do, might just put down that you can only run in the states.

Expert Expediter
Actualy i just went to the court house today and was told that in MA all the can legaly go back is seven years? anyone else know about this ??
Thanx

paperback1

Expert Expediter
maybe in the states, but I know for a fact that canada goes back at least 30yrs. My buddy had a felony back in 1968 and canada got it and he had to get a ministers permit to go into canada.

gambler

Expert Expediter
>Actualy i just went to the court house today and was told
>that in MA all the can legaly go back is seven years? anyone
>else know about this ??
>Thanx

doesnt matter what the state says it matters what the carrier DOES.they can go back as far as they want and as said canada knows ALL BUT YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET A MINISTERS PARDON

Expert Expediter
heres a quote "The most recent change to the FCRA made criminal convictions reportable indefinitely. But, twelve states still follow the seven-year rule for reporting criminal convictions (for example, California Civil Code §1786). Those states are: CA, CO, KS, MD, MA, MT, NV, NH, NM, NY, TX, WA. Other laws that should be considered:"

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs16-bck.htm

not trying to start a pissing contest :)
just trying to figure this out.... thanx
and P.S. i do know canada has the info, buts thats because they have access to the FBI database... normal citizens and company do not

thanx again