12’ Hino 268 won’t start (deleted)

kgiggy

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I bought a Hino 268 in Florida last month. My first trip to NC I could not generate. Waited 45. In’s at Buckeys in Daytona for nothing. Turns out my Dumba** bought a deleted truck from auction. Break light and check engine light on. No issues. Finished trip smoothly!

BUT on my return a transmission relay went bad. Davis $468 tow brought me to Carolina International $740 at CI $71 in fuses and relays,rest labor. Pulled out of their parking lot to get diesel next door and would not start. They basically just said though luck we won’t touch your truck anymore b/c our company policy. I was literally one parking lot over.

They replaced a relay and did a ECM update which likely erased the tune. I’m now dropping an additional $1000 to get towed closer to home.

Currently, the wire on the starter is loose. I can jiggle and jump the starter to get it running. Pulling the 30amp fuse does not help with limp/turtle mode. I’m lost. Where do I go from here? Need to get a flash or tune.

Last edited:

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Can you tighten the wire on the starter, start it then get it to a place that can give you codes? Is this unit a 2012? What 30 amp fuse are you pulling? You have a lot going on here. Let’s start out simple. Can you tell us what codes it has and confirm the year of the truck. 2012 trucks do not have a turtle. What lights are on in the dash & is it. beeping

Reactions: kgiggy

kgiggy

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I’ll get the codes this afternoon. There has to be 15. I know one is “can’t engage neutral” many ties to the DPR and def filter. Correct, no turtle. I just thought that was a common name for limp mode. Even then, the truck only moves 5’ before dying. It was beeping constantly so I disconnected the speaker under dash. That was annoying and couldn’t do a 11 hour drive with it.