05 business class springs,

spongebox

Active Expediter
Lets see its an 05 480,000 , springs are very weak, getting a lot of all over the road action here, got a distinct lean to the drivers side I'm looking into the front air ride conversion but was wondering if anyone who has added the air ride also had to install new springs as well? I put new shocks in about six months ago but there already smoked, just weighing some options here any advice is welcome...

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
most of the m2's do lean a little one way or the other. we have an 05 112. we reconditioned our springs about 3years ago. the m2 has a taper leaf spring {1 full spring and 1 half spring} what the recon does is replace the half spring with a full spring. a longer version of the half spring attached the same way. this is a good fix for a few years at minimal cost. i think we paid 380 installed by my local shop. and ended up with a higher spring rating and better ride. we purchased the kit from burke spring in terre haute, in. we are to the point that we will probably replace the entire spring set up in the spring of 2013 but for 380 for over 3 yrs was ok for us.

burkespring.com

spongebox

Active Expediter
Did you go thru a spring and suspension shop or a dealer? Cost wise that's not too bad, I talked with another driver and he went with a total different spring set up but put his cost at about 1200, I'm still looking into the air ride front conversion but still want a good set of springs in there as well

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
burke spring out of terre haute, in. i had my shop in my hometown install. did require an alignment after install. burke can install these for you but a local shop you trust would be less expensive. burke will ship these to you. they have these ready made. just google them. been in business for years. good people.

spongebox

Active Expediter
Ty sir I do appreciate your attention on this topic....