The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I just want some, a select few, to lose everything. The others, well.....
The select few are already set up to make money on this stock. They saw to that when they wrote up the deal. They have opportunities with this stock and company the investing public does not. They are the ones who will pocket the money the MAGA retail investors lose. You can already see this with Devin Nunes, the former congressman and Trump loyalist who ended up being the CEO of the company.

To lead a company that makes no money with a stock that is plummeting, Nunes is receiving a base salary of $750,000 a year, with an increase to $1 million after two years. He is also eligible for an "equity grant" of 145,000 shares of DJT vested over two years. There is likely more. The total value of his compensation package remains undisclosed. And he's just one of the insiders helping themselves to the MAGA dupe money while providing nothing of value in return, unless you count false hope something of value.

Trump has several friends on this company's board of directors. All of them are going to walk away with a bunch of cash before and as this stock crashes.

One way they will do that is explained by Forbes:

As part of the startup’s blank-check deal, Trump Media insiders — Donald Trump himself is by far the largest holder — will divvy up 40 million new shares if the stock trades can stall their latest slide, regulatory filings show. The so-called earnouts, which can be a standard part of deals involving special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, are designed to reward the original investors, but they also punish ordinary shareholders by diluting the value of their stakes through the issuance of millions of extra shares.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
We may all be in a worse mess if the house and senate dont get this border mess and war mess straighten out soon,,,Mr. Trump is the least of our concern. Some folks appear to be jealous of his success for some reason,,,
I know that expeditors are usually not raking n tons of cash , least that was my opinon of the folks I talked to years ago....all of us need to a be alert and save up as much as you can and unless your an experience stock broker person leave the stock market alone imho for awhile................my 10cents worth,,,
Now back to the show, and Pray for America to find good leadership somewhere before the group in charge spends another zillion dollars for whatever they deem important.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump's Criminal Trial First Day Highlights

The story is there really weren't many highlights. Other than the historic nature of the event (first time ever a former president has been in a criminal trial), it seemed like a routine day in court.

While the usual handful of costumed pro-Trump and anti-Trump street performers showed up to try to get on TV, there was no MAGA outpouring into the streets. Having learned his lesson before, when Trump called for massive protests and few showed up, Trump did not call for protests this time, and none of any size happened in NY or anywhere else in the country.

Those who expect some kind of Jan 6 repeat, or massive protests, or violent uprising should realize now that ain't going to happen. Trump has been gagged. Trump has been forced to attend a trial he fought mightily to delay or end. Trump was denied the freedom to attend an event at the US Supreme Court. He is being treated like the criminal defendant he is, and MAGA is not pouring into the streets.

Also absent was Trump's family. Most criminal defendants have family members present in court to show their support. For Trump, no supportive wife or children were there.

Trump is reported to have briefly nodded off during the proceedings. I can totally understand that. It is not uncommon for people to nod off in courtrooms. Judges have done it. Jurors have done it. These proceedings can be long and boring. Trump is in for endless days of long, boring proceedings. Now that the first-day novelty is over, we're in for several days of jury selection grind. Since reporters are monitoring every Trump twitch, and since appearances matter to Trump, he'll do well to stay awake.

Yesterday's motion practice was also routine. The defense scored some wins. The prosecution scored some wins. The deck was cleared for the trial to proceed.

Trump was well-behaved in court yesterday. He did nothing to earn an admonishment from the judge.

As required by the rules, the judge warned Trump that he can be arrested if he does not appear in court as required, and that he may be removed from the courtroom and placed in jail if his courtroom conduct is unacceptable. The only words Trump spoke in court yesterday were in response to those warnings. Trump told the judge he understood each warning the judge gave.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump's $175 Million Bond May Not Be a Bond At All

Big trouble ahead for Trump if this so-called "bond" turns out to be the worthless piece of paper experts say it is. Hearing set for April 22.

"But according to former regulators and other legal experts, the bond is highly irregular. Per a legal filing, it amounts to little more than a promise that Trump himself could pay the full cost of the bond if he ultimately loses his appeal, The Daily Beast reported, noting that such an arrangement effectively negates 'the whole point of an insurance company guarantee.'

"It does not appear that Knight Specialty Insurance Co. could even cover the bond if it wanted: according to a court filing, the company has financial reserves of just $138 million. And while a related corporate entity claims a financial surplus of $1 billion, the court filing does not explicitly state that it would be liable."
(Source)
Trump's required reply was filed last night with the court. Hearing on April 22.

But the filing does not pass the smell test. Again, hearing on April 22.

1713267174152.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sham trial :

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
More Red Flags for DJT Investors

Normal, legitimate businesses do not have these kind of challenges with the accounting firms they hire. Trump's TMTG (market symbol DJT) does.

This comes as no surprise. Trump's business affairs are typically mired with problems like these because his attitude toward the law and compliance lies far from generally accepted accounting principles and other standard business practices. Based on evidence, it seems reasonable to say Trump sincerely believes he is above the law. That explains why situations like this one rise again, and again, and again.

"The accounting firm that was first hired to audit former President Donald Trump's social media company quit just months after it was appointed, the Financial Times reported on Monday. ...

"In January 2022, Trump Media instead turned to a smaller accounting firm to conduct the audit, BF Borgers, which has less than stellar record with regulators. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board said it identified multiple deficiencies in every audit it had reviewed from BF Borgers in the past two years, per Bloomberg."
(Source)

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Resident financial advisor/ prognosticator wannabes with daily stock tips.
Not stock tips. Observations about the DJT scam. I have never once advised anyone online on how to invest, and I never will. I used to do it for a living for 11 years in a previous career, (I was a Certified Financial Planner and Series 7-licensed registered representative), but I advise no one now.

In other news, Trump's DJT stock is down over 10% in intraday trading today. At the moment, the price is $23.78, significantly below the "psychologically important" $25 level.

This notion of a "psychologically important" price level goes to the fact that retail investors tend to think and act in whole round numbers. If the news says a stock closed at $46.40, it goes unnoticed. But if the news said a stock topped $50, retail investors are more inclined to act. They tell themselves things like, "I'll get out at $60." Or I'll set my stop loss order at $40. Or "I'll get in at $50."

For that reason, whole round numbers tend to provide a certain amount of price support or resistance, because buying or selling activity appears there that was not at $54. investor behavior around whole round numbers is why the numbers are said to be "psychologically important."

But that has not been the case for DJT stock. Having set a recent high near $80, it has been blowing through the psychologically important levels like they were not even there. In this case, the psychology is building on the downside. Investors are getting discouraged. They're watching their stock drop from $80 to $70 to $60, to $50, to $40 to $30, and now below $25 with barely a pause. There are more sellers than buyers as the MAGA dupes unload this stock.

There is a level below which the stock will not easily fall in the short term. It's $17.50. For Trump and other insiders to cash in on a major bonus they created for themselves in the fine print of this merger deal, the stock must remain above that level for a certain period of time. If the plunge continues, you can count on Trump and others to jump in and buy heavy to keep the price above $17.50. Once the time period has been met, they'll have their big bonus and the stock will resume its decline.

This $17.50 game will likely play out in the next two weeks if the plunge continues and takes the stock to that level. If it stays above $17.50 for another two weeks, Trump and the insiders will get their bonus without having to dig into their pockets to artificially prop up the price. The bonus will come in the form of additional shares of DJT, which will dilute the holdings of the existing shareholders (MAGA dupes), and further degrade the stock price.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: muttly and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This $17.50 game will likely play out in the next two weeks if the plunge continues and takes the stock to that level. If it stays above $17.50 for another two weeks, Trump and the insiders will get their bonus without having to dig into their pockets to artificially prop up the price. The bonus will come in the form of additional shares of DJT, which will dilute the holdings of the existing shareholders (MAGA dupes), and further degrade the stock price.
As I surf the web to read the comments of the Trump supporters who have invested in and lost money on this stock, some are complaining about market manipulation and insider trading. If they actually knew what they were talking about, they would know that Trump himself and his cronies on the TMTG board, and certain select others, are the very market manipulators and inside traders they are talking about. As they continue to praise Trump, they are literally praising the man who is robbing them blind.

This is a scam running in plain view, but the MAGA people don't see this because they prefer to keep believing in Trump. Intentional blindness.

It's a scam, but legal because of how the Wall Street rules are written. Trump is taking full advantage, using his MAGA popularity and the rules to transfer money from MAGA people's pockets to his, while providing nothing of value in return.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Is Trump Getting Bored at his Criminal Trial?

From CNN: "Donald Trump's lawyers told the court that former president changed his mind about wanting to be at sidebars.
He signed a form waiving his right to do so and confirmed that audibly to Judge Juan Merchan answering, 'yes.'"

Reactions: Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Oh! Hey! Look Here! Truth Social Getting Into Streaming!

The stock price is sure to rise now, right? Maybe not. On the day of this announcement, the stock continues its downward slide. Down 14% so far today. Down nearly 70% since DJT started trading 15 trading days ago.

Reactions: Ragman