Honda Generator Add On Tank

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
A few years ago when I bought my Honda 2000 there were add on tanks available that sat atop the generator. It screwed onto the generator in place of the gas cap and held a few gallons. I did not need one then but am trying now to locate one. I have searched this forum, I have looked at Honda's site and googled it but can not find any mention of such a contraption.
If anyone knows what name these went by or where I can buy one it would be most appreciated.
Thanks all.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
A few years ago when I bought my Honda 2000 there were add on tanks available that sat atop the generator. It screwed onto the generator in place of the gas cap and held a few gallons. I did not need one then but am trying now to locate one. I have searched this forum, I have looked at Honda's site and googled it but can not find any mention of such a contraption.
If anyone knows what name these went by or where I can buy one it would be most appreciated.
Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I got my cap for the tank off ebay then i build a box to hold the generator and mounted a 4 gallon metal generator tank to the top of the box.

dajablu

Seasoned Expediter
Amazon now carries all the add-ons for the extra tanks including the aluminum cap with the filler for the Honda or other makes. You can get tanks at Northern Tool and Supply, either online or at their stores. You also also get them at Tractor Supply.

Reactions: Turtle

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I am wondering if a truck had an Espar heater installed if a tee fitting could be used to utilize the Espar line already installed in the fuel tank.

Stay safe
KG

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am wondering if a truck had an Espar heater installed if a tee fitting could be used to utilize the Espar line already installed in the fuel tank.

Stay safe
KG
Depends on what type of fuel the vehicle is running. I am having this dilemma right now. Probably am going to install an aux. tank underneath van and tie into my 2.8 Onan since my main tank is diesel and gen is gas.

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Stay safe
KG

That’s exactly what I’m doing. One line from gas tank to a T fitting going to my Espar one way and to my Onan generator the other way. But mines a gas van so everything runs the same fuel. And that way you have no cans and the fuel is always fresh.

Edit: But if you have the Espar thin fuel straw it probably wouldn’t work. Way too small of a hole in the supplied tube. Mine is 1/4” from the bottom of the tank to the Espar fuel pump and to the Generator fuel pump. And yes, I can use both at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I've got Two Honda 2000 watt generators with a 6 gallon extended can. It's a duel line that feeds into both generators. With a Honda 2000 watt you don't have to have it above the generators cause they got a built in fuel pump. I bought the 6 gallon extended can at Northern Tool.

The single line was $149 I think and the duel line was $189 I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle