Looking to enter the industry

19Billythekid72

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
Looking to get into straight truck expiditing and like the looks of Landstar . How would a guy find small fleets that run with Landstar that are looking for well qualified drivers to enter expiditing industry ! Landstar recruiting seemed to be a bust with a list of o/o but no straight truck positions ?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I would look at the Classified Section and see if there's any fleetowners looking. I also would put a ad looking to drive and put what your looking for and can do. Give all the info you can. Hope this helps!

Landstar has there own fourm in the Carriers Section. I would post there and TeamCaffee is own with Landstar and may have some advice. There very well known in expediting and very knowledgeable!

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Call Don Van de Lear as I know there are straight truck owners always looking for drivers and teams are at a premium. Call Don directly at 904 390 1183 and he will be in Monday morning May 7th or any weekday.

As someone who is looking to becoming a fleet owner this is some of what I would want to know:

Experience:
Do you or are you willing to get your Department of Defence clearance (DoD)
Where you live and how often you will need to be home
Do you have pets
Do you smoke

I think with all of the research you have been doing you will be up and running quickly.

Thank You DollarSign for your kind comments

Reactions: DollarSign