The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I'd agree if there was evidence Biden took classified papers and other government documents home that the law says should not have been brought home.
I think he may be eluding to the whole Hunter Biden laptop thing and the “the 10 percent to the big guy” being compromised with China.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Accurate Box Count is Now Available

Yesterday a Trump lawyer said the FBI seized "about a dozen" boxes when a search warrant was executed at Mar-a-Lago. So we now have that number.

That wasn't so hard, was it? When you don't know a detail, you don't need to make something up. Simply wait for the fact to emerge.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Yes, lots of right wing people are saying the search is an outrage, but I'm not sure the Trump supporters are even more ticked off.

When the Supreme Court revoked Roe v. Wade, people who want that right back took to the streets to protest, and in Kansas took to the polls in landslide numbers to protect that right in their state. After Trump was elected hundreds of thousands of women, maybe even over a million, went to Washington to let their views be known. When George Floyd was murdered, all hell broke loose as people protested and some rioted in the streets.

When Trump's home is searched and his safe broken into, several dozen MAGA people show up at Mar-a-Lago to wave Trump flags. I've seen or heard of no street protests beyond that. Keyboard warriors, yes. More than that? No evidence so far. Not even an easy to do Trump parade of like-minded people in pickups with flags attached.

Maybe it's coming, or maybe MAGA is fading as Trump himself fades.
Right now MAGA is voting for their candidates in the primaries and replacing/ defeating the more establishment Rino types/ pro impeachment one termers.
More effective use of their time right now.
So more than “key board warriors”. More like voter warriors.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

When you don't know a detail, you don't need to make something up. Simply wait for the fact to emerge.
But, but, but that's not way the Rabid Righties on this board operate.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Attorneys Were Present During Mar-a-Lago Search

Above, some of us talked about Trump attorneys not being present during the Mar-a-Lago search. I assumed (incorrectly, it turns out) none were there because Trump was not there. Others said it was bad that the search occurred when Trump and his attorneys were not there. They suggested, without evidence, DOJ intentionally chose a time to conduct the search when Trump and his attorneys were not there.

Well, it may be that Trump attorneys were there. Fox News ran this story which says "... the FBI "wouldn’t let the attorneys come in to watch the raid. They told them to leave."

The source is not named, but to the extent the source is credible and the report is accurate, it seems Trump attorney's were present. They were not allowed to witness the search itself, which seems right. When a search warrant is being executed, neither the person whose home is being searched nor his attorneys have a right to observe or otherwise inject themselves into the event.

As I said above, had Trump been there, it would have made no difference. The search would have proceeded and Trump would have been told to stay out of the way.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Right now MAGA is voting for their candidates in the primaries and replacing/ defeating the more establishment Rino types/ pro impeachment one termers.
More effective use of their time right now.
So more than “key board warriors”. More like voter warriors.
What you say is absolutely correct. Within the confines of the shrinking Republican Party and their closed primary system, MAGA people have near full control. And they are using that control to advance election deniers and Trump loyalists to the upcoming general election.

It is also true virtually no MAGA people are turning out in the streets to protest the search of Trump's home, offices and one or more safes.

• Haha

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

Yesterday a Trump lawyer said the FBI seized "about a dozen" boxes when a search warrant was executed at Mar-a-Lago. So we now have that number.

That wasn't so hard, was it? When you don't know a detail, you don't need to make something up. Simply wait for the fact to emerge.
I thought you said the 15 boxes had been turned over......but no they had been locked in a secure room. This was just pretext to raid trump's home in a flashy way to say look what we Democrats in charge can do to even a former president.....no ss nazi thug thing here.
g here

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Republicans don't riot....that's the Democrats
Just remember Republicans didn't burn down a bank or post office.....or even a courthouse.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I thought you said the 15 boxes had been turned over......but no they had been locked in a secure room. This was just pretext to raid trump's home in a flashy way to say look what we Democrats in charge can do to even a former president.....no ss nazi thug thing here.
g here
The box facts are not hard to know or determine. Unless someone wants to remain intentionally ignorant of the truth, it is not difficult to get this right.

In Jan, 2022, 15 boxes that had been taken from the White House and improperly brought to Mar-a-Lago were returned by Trump's people to the National Archives. The return happened when Trump's people physically handed the boxes over to National Archives representatives who came to Mar-a-Lago to get them. Once the National Archives people had them, they transported them back to Washington. This was widely reported (example here) and confirmed by Trump himself in a tweet about this. The actual turnover happened in Jan, 2022. The news about this broke in February.

Above, I said the 15 boxes had been returned in Feb, 2022. That was incorrect and I'm correcting that here. The reports broke in Feb. The actual return of the boxes happened in Jan, 2022.

When the search warrant was executed at Mar-a-Lago this week, the 15 boxes mentioned above were NOT locked in a secure room at Mar-a-Lago. Trump's people gave those boxes to the National Archives people months before.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
What you say is absolutely correct. Within the confines of the shrinking Republican Party and their closed primary system, MAGA people have near full control. And they are using that control to advance election deniers and Trump loyalists to the upcoming general election.

It is also true virtually no MAGA people are turning out in the streets to protest the search of Trump's home, offices and one or more safes.
The Meijer loss in Michigan was helped by Dems.:JC-hysterical:

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The box facts are not hard to know or determine. Unless someone wants to remain intentionally ignorant of the truth, it is not difficult to get this right.

In Jan, 2022, 15 boxes that had been taken from the White House and improperly brought to Mar-a-Lago were returned by Trump's people to the National Archives. The return happened when Trump's people physically handed the boxes over to National Archives representatives who came to Mar-a-Lago to get them. Once the National Archives people had them, they transported them back to Washington. This was widely reported (example here) and confirmed by Trump himself in a tweet about this. The actual turnover happened in Jan, 2022. The news about this broke in February.

Above, I said the 15 boxes had been returned in Feb, 2022. That was incorrect and I'm correcting that here. The reports broke in Feb. The actual return of the boxes happened in Jan, 2022.

When the search warrant was executed at Mar-a-Lago this week, the 15 boxes mentioned above were NOT locked in a secure room at Mar-a-Lago. Trump's people gave those boxes to the National Archives people months before.
The box was broken into this time by them because the FBI didn’t bring the key to open the padlock that they put on the safe previously. Kind of keystone copish.