The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Disqualification Not

In this opinion piece regarding the Mar-a-Lago search, the author writes:

"One of the potential law violations, under Section 2071 of the federal penal code, includes in its penalty provisions that, upon conviction, a defendant “shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.” The ongoing proceedings implicating Trump – in particular, the Justice Department’s investigation and the House January 6 committee probe – seem geared toward undermining his capacity to seek the presidency again in 2024. Obviously, then, there is speculation that DOJ may be mobilizing now in order to trigger the Section 2071 disqualification.

"I doubt that. The Justice Department well knows that the qualifications for a presidential candidate are set out in the Constitution."

I agree with this writer. I learned today that this constitutional question was ruled on by a court years ago. It is highly unlikely that an unconstitutional provision in Section 2071 would prevail today. Like the author, I believe the Justice Department knows that, and for that reason would be unconcerned about that section. While there may be Democrats who want to assert otherwise, the law is not on their side.

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
While the law is not on their side they care little and will do as they please.....
Rules for thee but not for me.....the Democrat motto.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No it means Biden and his cronies want trump to not run again for president......trump lives in the minds of the Democrat leadership and they hate him for it....so much so that this is just another impeachment run....

And the only person he has to blame for this is himself. He did not gain any supporters between 2016 and 2020, he only lost supporters because of how he acted.

I would have voted for him in 2016 if I voted, but I dont care if he eliminated income taxes, brokered world peace and cured cancer, he would not have my vote in 2020.

Go cry yourself a river Trump, you and only you are the cause of all of this!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If Trump got a new safe that was found to be empty, what happened to the old one and what was in it?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Mar-a-Lago search story is a real attention grabber for me because it is unprecedented. That word, "unprecedented," rose a lot when Trump started his run for public office and it continues to rise today. Indeed, many unprecedented things have happened regarding Trump. But never before has something like this happened TO Trump.

FBI agents entered his home, broke into his safe, secured documents and walked away with them. This executed search warreant is not a lawsuit that can be delayed by court action. It's not a political claim that can be countered. It's not something that can be stalled and stalled and stalled by using one delay tactic after another. It's not something that can be mitigated by filing intimidating lawsuits against someone. It's not something that can be undone with lies. It's not something that can be addressed by slamming people on Twitter. It's not something that can be made to go away with false promises.

They entered his HOME, broke into his safe, and walked out with documents.

I don't know of a time this has happened to Trump before. It is unprecedented for him personally.

While I cannot presume to know how he feels about something like this, this search cannot be more personal. They entered his home and broke into his safe! I can't help but think he's feeling more vulnerable than he ever has.

It's been said that Trump is usually energized by controversy but this is different. They entered his HOME, broke into his safe, and walked out with documents ... and there was nothing, absolutely nothing, Trump could do to prevent that. And there is nothing he can do to undo that.

Yesterday's search set a new precedent. It is no longer unprecedented to search a former president's home. If his home is not safe from such things, no place else is either.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Same safe. An extra lock was put on it previously by the FBI.

So far, the only information about the safe I have seen is from Eric Trump on Fox who said it was new and empty. That is not a credible source. Other reports say someone on the inside directed DOJ to that safe. That too is not credible without confirmation. With no good info about the safe, we're left to presume what we want about it. Anything from brand-new and empty, to not new and stuffed full of incriminating documents.

Best to simply wait to see what is reliably reported and confirmed as the facts become known. It seems safe to presume FBI agents broke into a safe at Mar-a-Lago. That was stated by Trump himself and no one has denied or refuted that statement.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
and yet there was no walking into Hillarys home to find missing emails or her illegal unsecure computer

There was no point, that server was so poorly maintained that there was nothing to find.

That she used that email account and server for classified info is just absolutely mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Mar-a-Lago search story is a real attention grabber for me because it is unprecedented. That word, "unprecedented," rose a lot when Trump started his run for public office and it continues to rise today. Indeed, many unprecedented things have happened regarding Trump. But never before has something like this happened TO Trump.

FBI agents entered his home, broke into his safe, secured documents and walked away with them. This executed search warreant is not a lawsuit that can be delayed by court action. It's not a political claim that can be countered. It's not something that can be stalled and stalled and stalled by using one delay tactic after another. It's not something that can be mitigated by filing intimidating lawsuits against someone. It's not something that can be undone with lies. It's not something that can be addressed by slamming people on Twitter. It's not something that can be made to go away with false promises.

They entered his HOME, broke into his safe, and walked out with documents.

I don't know of a time this has happened to Trump before. It is unprecedented for him personally.

While I cannot presume to know how he feels about something like this, this search cannot be more personal. They entered his home and broke into his safe! I can't help but think he's feeling more vulnerable than he ever has.

It's been said that Trump is usually energized by controversy but this is different. They entered his HOME, broke into his safe, and walked out with documents ... and there was nothing, absolutely nothing, Trump could do to prevent that. And there is nothing he can do to undo that.

Yesterday's search set a new precedent. It is no longer unprecedented to search a former president's home. If his home is not safe from such things, no place else is either.

Unfortunately nothing good is going to come out of this, all the right wing people are saying it’s an outrage and all of the Trump worshipers are even more ticked off.

I wish they would just let it go, I understand they want him to pay for his crimes but they are just giving him fuel to fire up his people. If he wasn’t almost 80 it would be different but time is not on his side…..

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Unfortunately nothing good is going to come out of this, all the right wing people are saying it’s an outrage and all of the Trump worshipers are even more ticked off.

I wish they would just let it go, I understand they want him to pay for his crimes but they are just giving him fuel to fire up his people. If he wasn’t almost 80 it would be different but time is not on his side…..

Yes, lots of right wing people are saying the search is an outrage, but I'm not sure the Trump supporters are even more ticked off.

When the Supreme Court revoked Roe v. Wade, people who want that right back took to the streets to protest, and in Kansas took to the polls in landslide numbers to protect that right in their state. After Trump was elected hundreds of thousands of women, maybe even over a million, went to Washington to let their views be known. When George Floyd was murdered, all hell broke loose as people protested and some rioted in the streets.

When Trump's home is searched and his safe broken into, several dozen MAGA people show up at Mar-a-Lago to wave Trump flags. I've seen or heard of no street protests beyond that. Keyboard warriors, yes. More than that? No evidence so far. Not even an easy to do Trump parade of like-minded people in pickups with flags attached.

Maybe it's coming, or maybe MAGA is fading as Trump himself fades.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Yes, lots of right wing people are saying the search is an outrage, but I'm not sure the Trump supporters are even more ticked off.

When the Supreme Court revoked Roe v. Wade, people who want that right back took to the streets to protest, and in Kansas took to the polls in large numbers to protect that right in their state. After Trump was elected hundreds of thousands of women, maybe even over a million, went to Washington to let their views be known. When George Floyd was murdered, all hell broke loose as people protested and some rioted in the streets.

When Trump's home is searched and his safe broken into, several dozen MAGA people show up at Mar-a-Lago to wave Trump flags. I've seen or heard of no street protests beyond that. Keyboard warriors, yes. More than that? No evidence so far. Not even an easy to do Trump parade of like-minded people in pickups with flags attached.

Maybe it's coming, or maybe MAGA is fading as Trump himself fades.
And yet trump endorsed candidates are winning over non endorsed......Democrats have their heads up each others butts.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

What crimes did trump commit????
I have yet to see any evidence produced other than 3rd party :censoredsign:..... the raid at trumps home proves the Democrats have nothing.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What crimes did trump commit????
I have yet to see any evidence produced other than 3rd party :censoredsign:..... the raid at trumps home proves the Democrats have nothing.
Trump is the most persecuted and prosecuted POTUS in US history, and to this day remains NOT GUILTY of a single crime. After living through 19 months of the worst administration in our lifetimes, it's safe to say the MAGA movement is not fading and will come out with a vengeance in November even though Trump won't be on a single ballot. Many people are getting tired of these sham hearings and made-for-TV raids at conservative politicians homes like the SWAT teams dragging 69 yr old Roger Stone out of his home at dawn in his pajamas in shackles in front of camera crews that were given advance notice. Meanwhile, Hunter Biden makes a few more millions from his oil company connections in China.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I'd agree if there was evidence Biden took classified papers and other government documents home that the law says should not have been brought home.
Nobody knows what has been going on at Biden's Delaware home as it was deemed to personal to snoop.....no one gets to even see the visitors log book that the secret service keep.