Reefer Question

Sloopik

New Recruit
Researching
Hello,
I found a Reefer Box Truck 26'. Can I use this to haul dry goods as well? Or will I be denied a lot of jobs from Brokers etc?

I figured with a Reefer I can have opportunities to even more jobs. Or am I limited to just refrigerated hauls?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Hello,
I found a Reefer Box Truck 26'. Can I use this to haul dry goods as well? Or will I be denied a lot of jobs from Brokers etc?

I figured with a Reefer I can have opportunities to even more jobs. Or am I limited to just refrigerated hauls?

Thanks!
You will have to have the box certified for stable cold temps by either the carrier or a company that does the certification. But yes you can haul dry good as long as they don't get wet from the box defrosting.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Watch out for the width of the box. Because of the insulation on the walls at least some of the boxes are not 8 ft wide inside. In that case you will be limited by the inability of sticking in regular pallets side by side.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Sloopik

New Recruit
Researching
You will have to have the box certified for stable cold temps by either the carrier or a company that does the certification. But yes you can haul dry good as long as they don't get wet from the box defrosting.
So if I'm the carrier than I have to take it to a third party to get it certified?

But overall I'm just asking if in the industry Reefers get denied dry haul jobs. So it's probably best to have a Reefer because now you have access to both Reefer and Dry hauls?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So if I'm the carrier than I have to take it to a third party to get it certified?

But overall I'm just asking if in the industry Reefers get denied dry haul jobs. So it's probably best to have a Reefer because now you have access to both Reefer and Dry hauls?
The reason refers get those jobs is because they are kept cold all the time and HAVE to be cold in order to get the job. Reefers are normally east coast only too so prepare to do alot of toll road driving.