The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It’s his site, why wouldn’t he?
My thinking is he won't use his Truth Social site later for the same reason he is not using it now. I do not know what that reason is but one can reasonably ask, why isn't he using the site now? I'm not going to speculate on an answer. We simply don't know. But we do know he is silent on Truth Social, and that seems to me to be significant.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
My thinking is he won't use his Truth Social site later for the same reason he is not using it now. I do not know what that reason is but one can reasonably ask, why isn't he using the site now? I'm not going to speculate on an answer. We simply don't know. But we do know he is silent on Truth Social, and that seems to me to be significant.
Your Thoughts matter not....speculating on what trump might do you are.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Another Sign Trump is Losing His Influencer Grip

"Former President Donald Trump's Georgia rally on Saturday failed to draw the number of supporters he has been accustomed to in the southern state, according to multiple journalists covering the event." (Source) Trump's response to these reports is below.

"'I've covered more than two dozen Trump rallies around the nation. This is the smallest crowd I've seen at a rally of his in Georgia since he won the 2016 election—significantly smaller than the crowd in Perry in September,' Greg Bluestein, a political reporter at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweeted." (Source)

"Normally, Trump's Georgia rallies have been crowded, raucous affairs, but Saturday's event saw a smaller crowd with a steady stream of people leaving throughout his speech. For much of the day, the crowd was virtually silent during speeches railing against Biden, Democrats, Republican enemies of Trump and the 'fake news.'" (Source)

Some conservative commentators agreed with these small-crowd, low-enthusiasm reports.

Example: "'The Trump turnout on a Saturday in Georgia was anemic. That does not bode well for his slate of candidates,' [Erik Erickson] tweeted. 'Not all the people there were from Georgia or even able to vote. And Perdue and the other candidates had to foot the bill. Oof.'” (Source)

The weather can be legitimately cited as a possible reason for the small and then departing crowd size (fair-weather Trump supporters?).

"'People keep leaving during Trump speech. It’s cold and windy and there’s not much enthusiasm,' [Georgia Public Broadcasting reporter Fowler] wrote on Twitter, sharing photos of empty stands.' (Source)

Finally, and in fairness to Trump, Trump's response to these reports is: "We had a massive crowd last night in Georgia, but as usual, the Fake News Media absolutely refuses to show it. People are estimating 25,000 to 35,000 people." (Source)

I looked and was unable to find any government or media reports confirming a Saturday crowd that large.

Whether the weather was a defining factor or not will be known with the next round of polling. A recent Fox News poll shows Trump-endorsed gubernatorial candidate David Perdue trailing his Republican primary opponent Kemp 50% to 39%. (Source) If the Trump endorsement and Trump himself means anything at all in this race, we can expect to see Perdue-favorable shift in the polling.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Eastman and Trump get a big Federal slap down by Judge Cooper:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.841840/gov.uscourts.cacd.841840.260.0.pdf

"Dr. Eastman and President Trump launched a campaign to overturn a democratic election, an action unprecedented in American history, .., Their campaign was not confined to the ivory tower—it was a coup in search of a legal theory. The plan spurred violent attacks on the seat of our nation’s government, led to the deaths of several law enforcement officers, and deepened public distrust in our political process. ... If Dr. Eastman and President Trump’s plan had worked, it would have permanently ended the peaceful transition of power, undermining American democracy and the Constitution. If the country does not commit to investigating and pursuing accountability for those responsible, the Court fears January 6 will repeat itself. ... more likely than not that President Trump corruptly attempted to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress on January 6, 2021."

Judge Cooper reviewed more than 100 documents that Eastman had tried to claim privilege on and ruled that only 10 were legit claims.

Busted.

:clapping-happy:

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Eastman and Trump get a big Federal slap down by Judge Cooper:
Busted.
"Slap down" and "busted" fall short. The judge clearly called out the attempted coup Trump and his cronies tried. An attempted coup against the United States, conducted by an utterly corrupt and then-seated president of the United States.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another Sign Trump is Losing His Influencer Grip

"Former President Donald Trump's Georgia rally on Saturday failed to draw the number of supporters he has been accustomed to in the southern state, according to multiple journalists covering the event." (Source) Trump's response to these reports is below.

"'I've covered more than two dozen Trump rallies around the nation. This is the smallest crowd I've seen at a rally of his in Georgia since he won the 2016 election—significantly smaller than the crowd in Perry in September,' Greg Bluestein, a political reporter at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweeted." (Source)

"Normally, Trump's Georgia rallies have been crowded, raucous affairs, but Saturday's event saw a smaller crowd with a steady stream of people leaving throughout his speech. For much of the day, the crowd was virtually silent during speeches railing against Biden, Democrats, Republican enemies of Trump and the 'fake news.'" (Source)

Some conservative commentators agreed with these small-crowd, low-enthusiasm reports.

Example: "'The Trump turnout on a Saturday in Georgia was anemic. That does not bode well for his slate of candidates,' [Erik Erickson] tweeted. 'Not all the people there were from Georgia or even able to vote. And Perdue and the other candidates had to foot the bill. Oof.'” (Source)

The weather can be legitimately cited as a possible reason for the small and then departing crowd size (fair-weather Trump supporters?).

"'People keep leaving during Trump speech. It’s cold and windy and there’s not much enthusiasm,' [Georgia Public Broadcasting reporter Fowler] wrote on Twitter, sharing photos of empty stands.' (Source)

Finally, and in fairness to Trump, Trump's response to these reports is: "We had a massive crowd last night in Georgia, but as usual, the Fake News Media absolutely refuses to show it. People are estimating 25,000 to 35,000 people." (Source)

I looked and was unable to find any government or media reports confirming a Saturday crowd that large.

Whether the weather was a defining factor or not will be known with the next round of polling. A recent Fox News poll shows Trump-endorsed gubernatorial candidate David Perdue trailing his Republican primary opponent Kemp 50% to 39%. (Source) If the Trump endorsement and Trump himself means anything at all in this race, we can expect to see Perdue-favorable shift in the polling.
The weather had a lot to do with it. People had to get there early and stand out in the cold. People were dressed in winter clothes and it looked very windy.

I went to a campaign rally in Michigan when he had one. It was cold and windy. Some people were leaving then too. It is understandable. I thought at the time he could have given a half hour speech and that would have been fine because it was so cold. Many just go there to show their support.

Some need to keep in mind also that his speeches aren’t presidential campaign rallies. It’s not Presidential campaign season yet. He hasn’t announced yet so his speeches are more about Biden and the Dems screwups and announcing local candidate preferences- BORING.
It’s not about what he will do when he gets elected. It’s a little different type of rally right now.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Truth Social Traffic Levels

I said earlier that more will be known about actual Truth Social traffic when the people who track such things come out with their periodic reports. That's starting to happen now.

"Former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social app is seeing a 93% drop in signups and similarly steep decline in traffic ..." (Source)

This is early data. More will come soon as time passes and additional reports are issued. In the meantime, the claim by Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes that the app may not be fully rolled out until the end of March (Source) remains unmodified. The end of March is tomorrow, so hope remains for those on the waitlist and those hoping Truth Social will somehow stick it to Twitter and Facebook, or somehow give Trump new levels of influence.

While Truth Social may be a disappointment to those who wait, the people behind Truth Social may be secretly delighted. The announced enterprise enabled Trump to extract over $1 billion from gullible investors while promising nothing in return. And while that app is doing nothing for those on the waiting list. it's serving Truth social well by tracking those users, accumulating their data and making it available to Trump for future money-making exploits.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Additional Truth Social Traffic Details

"While the app saw more than 800,000 downloads in its launch week, that number has declined to around 60,000 between March 20-27, according to data from the mobile insights company Sensor Tower.

"'We estimate that Truth Social has so far reached approximately 1.2 million installs since its launch,' Sensor Tower spokeswoman Stephanie Chan told the Wrap. The website also saw a significant drop in traffic. While the website saw its numbers start out around 6 million weekly visits in the first week, according to Similarweb, that number dropped to 1.9 million weekly visits between March 20-27." (Source)

No word yet from Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes or Donald Trump about the app's current and future status. At present, the app seems to be dead in the water as Trump himself shows no public interest in it and is saying nothing about it.

While 1.2 million installs is not an insignificant number, it represents little more than dashed hopes now that most of those people remain on a waitlist and cannot use the app. The 93% decline in installs understandable. It's like they had a grand opening in the parking lot with lots of people attending but never got around to unlocking the door to the store so people can actually patronize the place. And for those who have been able to get in, it seems like a MAGA store trying to sell red hats to people who already own a dozen.

For comparison, Twitter has 436 million monthly active users. (Source). I have not dug deep to find the stats telling if the number of active Twitter users is growing, declining or unchanged. My sense is Twitter growth has leveled off in recent years. In this ranking of the 20 top apps, Twitter is #15. Comparing Truth Social to Twitter or Facebook would be like comparing a BB to a basketball. Truth Social is tiny.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Hopefully the floodgates will open in another week. They are still in the testing phase. I’ve been at 600,000 for over a month. I don’t care to wait a little longer if they are trying to do it right and have it be a stable site.
No floodgates have opened yet and it's now the end of March. Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes said on 2/20/22,

“Our goal is, I think we’re going to hit it, I think by the end of March we’re going to be fully operational at least within the United States.” (Source)

Traffic down 93%. No new word from Nunes. No new word from Trump about Truth Social.

It's a good thing you don't mind waiting. It seems more waiting lies ahead.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No floodgates have opened yet and it's now the end of March. Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes said on 2/20/22,

“Our goal is, I think we’re going to hit it, I think by the end of March we’re going to be fully operational at least within the United States.” (Source)

Traffic down 93%. No new word from Nunes. No new word from Trump about Truth Social.

It's a good thing you don't mind waiting. It seems more waiting lies ahead.
I don’t mind waiting. Just be patient. You will get on eventually.
Twitter wasn’t an overnight success either.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Neither was Facebook but look at it now.
Also consider that Twitter and Facebook didn't have any competition when they were startups. They also didn't have competitors and the media trashing them 24/7. It's simply not valid to compare the Truth Social startup with any of the established social media giants that started over 10 years ago. The Trump haters will predict its failure just like they did his candidacy when he came down the elevator.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Also consider that Twitter and Facebook didn't have any competition when they were startups. They also didn't have competitors and the media trashing them 24/7. It's simply not valid to compare the Truth Social startup with any of the established social media giants that started over 10 years ago. The Trump haters will predict its failure just like they did his candidacy when he came down the elevator.
Also the fact that Truth Social has to deal with the app stores potentially dropping their app from being downloaded. There seems to be an issue already with Google Play, so android users have to wait for the web version to download on to their phones. More obstacles than what Twitter had before the Woke Tech began trying to cancel everything they don’t agree with.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Also consider that Twitter and Facebook didn't have any competition when they were startups. They also didn't have competitors and the media trashing them 24/7. It's simply not valid to compare the Truth Social startup with any of the established social media giants that started over 10 years ago.
Twitter wasn’t an overnight success either.
It is a fair point to say early Truth Social should not be compared with mature Twitter and Facebook. It is also fair to compare Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes statement that the app would be fully operational by the end of March with Truth Social's actual status at the end of March. The status Nunes promised did not materialize.

When Truth Social was first announced, numerous critics spoke of the difficulty Truth Social had in attracting tech talent, and they pointed out that Nunes has no previous experience leading a tech company. Indeed, beyond the skills of an ordinary computer user, Nunes has no tech company skills or experience at all. That's called ineptitude and cronyism. And the March-end results are exactly the kind of results ineptitude and cronyism produce.

In the context of the broken March-end promise, and the 93% decline in Truth Social installs, the Trump-Nunes silence is deafening.

While it may not be fair to compare early Truth Social with mature Twitter and Facebook, it is fair to compare early company to early company. One noteworthy difference is the early leaders of Twitter and Facebook were competent and engaged with the app. At present, there is little evidence to suggest the same is true for Truth Social.

Finally, comparing early Truth Social to early Twitter and Facebook, I think it is fair to say the other two NEVER had a 93% decline in user interest. Truth Social does, and that's significant.

Last edited: