HOS Question

John E

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Do Sprinter van Expeditors have to comply with hours if service regulations? I have to have an ELD and comply with DOT HOS regulations as a hotshot driver, I am wondering if the same applies to Sprinter van drivers.

Thank you in advance

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Only if the vehicle is over 10,000 gvw, and/ or if a hazardous material load is over 900#, I think. Something like that.

In my opinion, hazardous material loads have absolutely no business being hauled in any kind of van.

Over 1000lbs. So 1001 or more lbs of most hazmat need to be placarded. There are some materials that need placarded no matter the quantity, but these are usually inhalation hazard and they don't go in a cargo van.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackpup

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over 1000lbs. So 1001 or more lbs of most hazmat need to be placarded. There are some materials that need placarded no matter the quantity, but these are usually inhalation hazard and they don't go in a cargo van.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Bingo. There are even some non hazardous freight that stink so bad that it could be a inhalation hazard. Had freight so stinky that my eyes and throat were burning for 3 days after I unloaded. Had to wash the whole inside of the van, wash literally everything cloth in the van. Never again.