Why?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did they have permission to pull your credit report? That could have a temporary negative impact on your credit score. What right did they have to do that?

Reactions: danthewolf00

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
Im not sure i never herd of this before i think a fleet owner had something to do with it

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One reason is because those with bad credit, debt, etc. are feared to be a greater risk for cargo loss.

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
Well a fleet owner i was driving for wanted me to switch carriers with him and i didn't want too so i guess he pulled some strings

DevilsArrow

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Why would a. Company pull your credit report and fire you for having bad credit?
The way it's been explained to me in the past, is that they use it to see how you handle your responsibilities. Some people think that if you have bad credit, then you don't handle your business properly or have had trouble keeping employment.

If you're getting a government job, they pull your credit for an entirely different reason.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No they won't talk to me
There's got to be more to the story that your not saying.
Sorry, but without being more open about the events leading up to the firing, I don't think anyone in this forum can help.

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
I really don't care this pandemic was in full fledge at the time so i had to go home anyways my family was there alone so i see it as a blessing