President O'Biden

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The picture of that sticker next to the price of gas is hilarious. And it would still be hilarious even if it wasn't true. But what's even more hilarious is the fact that the meme was dismissed because somebody thinks it's not true, as if that matters even a little bit. But then again, liberals have to have "Lets go Brandon!" explained to them and they still don't get it.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did Biden do this? A significant portion. Various (bad) decisions contributed to it. And as Harry said, the buck stops there. So yes, Biden owns it.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did Biden do this? A significant portion. Various (bad) decisions contributed to it. And as Harry said, the buck stops there. So yes, Biden owns it.
He has, after all, according to Jen Psaki, been working on the supply chain issues since his first day in office. The problem is, clearly, he's been working hard to make it a crisis instead of solving the problems. So... good job, Joe.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And if this was 3 years ago and that was Trump's picture you'd be all over it agreeing and saying how true it was. The hypocrisy of the left.

No I wouldn’t because I know that the president has nothing to do with the price of gas. If Covid never happened we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No I wouldn’t because I know that the president has nothing to do with the price of gas. If Covid never happened we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Gas prices go up and down regardless of who is president. US presidents have minimal impact on the world oil prices. Trump was a little different in that he was unusually involved in oil markets. FactCheck.org gave Trump credit for 25% of the world oil and gas prices, with most presidents having perhaps as much as 1% influence on things. It's all about keeping the supply flowing. Trump did that by encouraging domestic oil and gas production (by, you know, not shutting down pipelines), granting waivers for some countries to buy oil from Iran, and pestering Saudi Arabia and OPEC to keep the oil flowing. So if FactCheck.org is willing to give Trump credit for a 25% impact on prices, you know it was at least that much.

But it is rare for a president to have much of an impact. Trump certainly did, and the same experts used by FactCheck.org are giving Biden credit for between 20 and 40 cents at the pump, which is about a 10% impact, give it take.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Just go back and check what the gas price average was in the month of September 2 years ago before the virus hit. What were gas prices then with a great economy going on and demand was higher.? 60 cents difference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moot and RLENT