Been driving now 4 months in 2021 van

mfase731

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello fellow drivers,

I started driving in June ofthis year after buying a 2021 Promaster extended and high top cargo van. I am currently averaging over 3,000 miles a week since then. I am 66 years old and was a Tool and Die maker all my life. I got into this as a way to keep busy and pay off debt from a divorce of a 40 year marriage that my ex left me for an online guy.
I am looking to branch off and start hauling loads for my self and not the 65% the company offers me. If anyone out there can offer advise me on load boards or should I be going to a box truck, help would be greatly appreciated!! I have a few people already interested here out of Grand Rapids, Michigan willing to give me some work. I want to haul on the weekends for myself and stay busy during the week for current company until I get a firm grip on the ropes of bidding.
Thank you all for any assistance and God bless!! Mike

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello fellow drivers,

I started driving in June ofthis year after buying a 2021 Promaster extended and high top cargo van. I am currently averaging over 3,000 miles a week since then. I am 66 years old and was a Tool and Die maker all my life. I got into this as a way to keep busy and pay off debt from a divorce of a 40 year marriage that my ex left me for an online guy.
I am looking to branch off and start hauling loads for my self and not the 65% the company offers me. If anyone out there can offer advise me on load boards or should I be going to a box truck, help would be greatly appreciated!! I have a few people already interested here out of Grand Rapids, Michigan willing to give me some work. I want to haul on the weekends for myself and stay busy during the week for current company until I get a firm grip on the ropes of bidding.
Thank you all for any assistance and God bless!! Mike
Well, that's a lot of risk, eventually going out on your own. But that's you're choice, I hope it works out for you. Have $$$$ set aside for when you have to wait for payment from customers....unless you plan on using a factoring service. Watch " Everything Apax" on YouTube. Alan Paxton is pretty straight up and doesn't sugarcoat anything. But of luck to you.

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
you driving 600 miles a day 5 days week and looking for weekend work? What happens is your sunday delivery gets held over to Monday? How could you get back to your town to get in the companys van?

Reactions: muttly

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm curious as to what average rate per loaded mile, as well as all miles, you are getting to run 3,000 miles a week...

It's not about the miles, It's about the money. Work smarter, not harder.

Reactions: Jason2 and Turtle