2021 General Expediter Chat

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, glad to see you posted. I hope your doing ok. I had been wondering how you were and where you had went. I've been off here for a while. Medical issues with me. I asked Ziggy the other nite on fb if he had talked to you and he said it had been awhile. Be careful my friend.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How Time flies by...

I figured out today that I've had my current Sprinter for 3 years ( I was only off by 1 year :rolleyes: )
Going to share my Fuel mileage stats and fuel cost per mile for my 2012 Long and Tall Diesel Sprinter:
3 years in use
403 Fuel ups
110,014 Miles
*Fuel is also used for Espar Heater and Idling as needed.

3 Year Fuel stats.png

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not bad at all. However, I know of a fleet owner who has the new Sprinter gassers and is getting 16-18 mpg out of his. Why the shorter body only on a gasser Sprinter still puzzles me...lol

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
It still can’t compete with the 26-28 mpg my 2002 diesel Sprinter would get, but it will do

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Yes, you and Turtle had the good inline 5 cylinder ones. That simple engine and drive train in a new one would be awesome! My freind bought an old one a couple of years ago that had 77 thousand on it. He just got it on the road last year. Anyways, does the old 5cyl take any special oil?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How Time flies by...

I figured out today that I've had my current Sprinter for 3 years ( I was only off by 1 year :rolleyes: )
Going to share my Fuel mileage stats and fuel cost per mile for my 2012 Long and Tall Diesel Sprinter:
3 years in use
403 Fuel ups
110,014 Miles
*Fuel is also used for Espar Heater and Idling as needed.

View attachment 20810

5.34?? What happened there?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5.34?? What happened there?
LOL, that does look bad. But explainable :tearsofjoy:

That would be when it's sitting at the house for a week or so in the winter, running the Espar so stuff don't freeze, then topping off the tank.
I got tired of removing everything that might freeze each time I was home years ago, I just keep the Espar on the lowest setting now when home.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, you and Turtle had the good inline 5 cylinder ones. That simple engine and drive train in a new one would be awesome! My freind bought an old one a couple of years ago that had 77 thousand on it. He just got it on the road last year. Anyways, does the old 5cyl take any special oil?
77K Miles? Wow, was it in a time capsule? I believe I used Mobil1 5W-30.

Sprinter Oil Specs.png

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
77K Miles? Wow, was it in a time capsule? I believe I used Mobil1 5W-30.

View attachment 20813
It was supposed to be a local Jersey van. He bought it sight unseen, because every sprinter he would go to look at that had the online 5 would sell before he could look at it. So he bought it....lol..unseen. very to little options. Interior, especially the cargo area, looked new....until.....lol

He pulled all the cargo area wall and floor covering..to insulate...it seems the previous owner flipped all those panels around before putting it up for sale to hide the abuse it was given...those panels were so ripped, gouged, scratched...it was abused more than a redheaded stepchild...so I am wondering if that mileage is actually accurate as well??..

Reactions: RoadTime

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully it's not 1 million and 77K miles. Which is possible with a diesel Sprinter. But dang, I thought that was my old van at 1st. Hard to find any of that age that aren't a rust bucket. Unless it spent all it's time down south ;)
Like I said, it was from Jersey. And after he bought it, found several areas that were spot painted. The floor inside had a few rust areas as well. It did run good, however. He stated that he'd never own another sprinter after running this one for almost a year