Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
  • Haha
Reactions: Grizzly

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since last Monday:

Relo from Austin, TX to Brookshire (Monday)
Tuesday into Wednesday: Houston to Miami; room Wednesday night due to the heat.
Thursday into Friday: back to H-town (Pasadena), followed immediately by a pickup to be delivered today in Wyoming.

So this morning we meet the consignee at a truck stop in Rock Springs, and follow him 62 miles into Utah. Deliver, no worries, except how do we get back to so-called civilization? There was no internet service, so no Apple Maps. Well, let’s try CoPilot, because it works offline.
Honest to God, I have no idea how our van survived the trip. CoPilot sent us on roads (trails, actually) that should never be taken in a two wheel drive. Ever. It took us five hours to get from the drop to Vernal, UT (50 miles), and less than 3 to do 160 miles from Vernal to Salt Lake, where we are now.

Tomorrow: errands, possibly including new shocks all around, and a rest day. Wednesday, we’ll go back to the grind stone.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I miss those things.

It's funny still seeing them everywhere in Canada, it's like a blast from the past.
The 1st time I saw one at a Walmart my jaw hit the ground lol.
But based on how crappy my cell service usually is, I guess that's why :rolleyes:

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So this morning we meet the consignee at a truck stop in Rock Springs, and follow him 62 miles into Utah. Deliver, no worries, except how do we get back to so-called civilization? There was no internet service, so no Apple Maps. Well, let’s try CoPilot, because it works offline.
Honest to God, I have no idea how our van survived the trip. CoPilot sent us on roads (trails, actually) that should never be taken in a two wheel drive. Ever. It took us five hours to get from the drop to Vernal, UT (50 miles), and less than 3 to do 160 miles from Vernal to Salt Lake, where we are now.
Hope your rate made it all worth it.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope your rate made it all worth it.

Probably not, but I chose to go the different route instead of just going back the way we came. We’re here, in one piece, so I really cannot complain. There were moments of sheer terror, but there were moments of absolute, breathtaking awe at the beauty of what we were seeing. Utah is one of the most beautiful states I’ve ever been in , and I’d recreate today’s trip in a heartbeat. Of course, I’d only do it in a four wheel drive.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Probably not, but I chose to go the different route instead of just going back the way we came. We’re here, in one piece, so I really cannot complain. There were moments of sheer terror, but there were moments of absolute, breathtaking awe at the beauty of what we were seeing. Utah is one of the most beautiful states I’ve ever been in , and I’d recreate today’s trip in a heartbeat. Of course, I’d only do it in a four wheel drive.

Pack your chains and shovel yet. Bad mojo coming to a mountain near you.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here at a KOA in Tucumcari NM...very nice weather....
Up in Cheyenne found an authorized Cummins Onan generator dealer! I was having an ongoing problem with the gen. He found the problem which was Faulty fuel pump from the manufacturer used in the gen. He actually stayed past 5 pm to install it and set up the OHM's now its just purrs.....
He called today NO CHARGE for anything...FREE....Cummins really stands behind their name!
Planning Amarillo tomorrow and unto Abilene Texas State Park for Friday....some fishing time! Only 90$ a week for full site...I am killing time before hitting Laredo later in the month....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Here at a KOA in Tucumcari NM...very nice weather....
Up in Cheyenne found an authorized Cummins Onan generator dealer! I was having an ongoing problem with the gen. He found the problem which was Faulty fuel pump from the manufacturer used in the gen. He actually stayed past 5 pm to install it and set up the OHM's now its just purrs.....
He called today NO CHARGE for anything...FREE....Cummins really stands behind their name!
Planning Amarillo tomorrow and unto Abilene Texas State Park for Friday....some fishing time! Only 90$ a week for full site...I am killing time before hitting Laredo later in the month....
BillG is down there now, Ken (YSRacer) will be heading to the desert soon for 3 months. See - Expediting will make you rich.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
......Planning Amarillo tomorrow
Good eating..... have a steak, tell 'em i sent ya.
big-texan-steak-ranch-steakhouse-restaurant-motel-located-amarillo-texas-united-states-which-opened-114558772.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
another half dog story......

72535811_2882559988439011_8389283615535529984_n.jpg.
I have these laying around the cupboard , too stubborn to throw them out...Actually I hate wasting so I broke a couple of them up crunch them up put a third a cup of low-fat milk little artificial sweetener and bingo I had myself a breakfast cereal with low calories each Cone is only 50 cal each which is less Then processed cereal...

Last edited: