Ever heard of these companies?

Con Rad

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Okay I'm new, go ahead and say all the bad things, get it out of your system. Now let's move on...

Anyone heard of Soko Express, llc in Carlisle, PA or Red Ball Express in Cleveland, OH? What can you tell me about them?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay I'm new, go ahead and say all the bad things, get it out of your system. Now let's move on...

Anyone heard of Soko Express, llc in Carlisle, PA or Red Ball Express in Cleveland, OH? What can you tell me about them?

Nope ..... and nope.

Are you brand new? Any experience?
SF, CA? How did you stubble into this racket?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Red ball I know, runs out of his house,knew a driver last I heard they were cash strapped and slow paying

Sent from Deep in the backwater swamp

Con Rad

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Nope ..... and nope.

Are you brand new? Any experience?
SF, CA? How did you stubble into this racket?
Yep, nope, yep. Well it's a long story but the short version is, I bought this Sprinter van for something else and as it sat around in the spare time I used it to make money hauling stuff. One thing led to another and now I'm working full-time for an app based company in the SF Bay area the works like Uber or Lyft but you haul things not people. It's like move on demand. I was averaging $350 a day doing less than 500 miles per week and a seven or eight hour shift five or six days a week. The rainy season has slowed things down and I'm trying to make more money. I'm not new to moving and hauling things, but I've never worked as an expeditor or even a full-time truck driver although I've been around it a lot.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, nope, yep. Well it's a long story but the short version is, I bought this Sprinter van for something else and as it sat around in the spare time I used it to make money hauling stuff. One thing led to another and now I'm working full-time for an app based company in the SF Bay area the works like Uber or Lyft but you haul things not people. It's like move on demand. I was averaging $350 a day doing less than 500 miles per week and a seven or eight hour shift five or six days a week. The rainy season has slowed things down and I'm trying to make more money. I'm not new to moving and hauling things, but I've never worked as an expeditor or even a full-time truck driver although I've been around it a lot.

Understood. It's always a long story, that's why I asked .. :)
Out of curiosity, what's the app?
Being on the road expediting, living in your van for weeks at a time is different. Good luck whatever you choose to do ..

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$350/day is pretty good in most of the US, I’m guessing not so much in the SF area due to the high cost of living. I would be all over that in my neck of the woods.

Con Rad

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
$350/day is pretty good in most of the US, I’m guessing not so much in the SF area due to the high cost of living. I would be all over that in my neck of the woods.
Right, in the SF Bay area $100K annual salary is considered low income and you're elidgable for housing assistance.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Con Rad

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Understood. It's always a long story, that's why I asked .. :)
Out of curiosity, what's the app?
Being on the road expediting, living in your van for weeks at a time is different. Good luck whatever you choose to do ..
And that was the short version! . The app is Lugg. I frequently haul new furniture or appliances from a warehouse to a retail store or to the end customers home. Sometimes a company move, a tech industry office move, a home furnishings move etc. The catch is I load and unload with the assistance of a helper which is provided by and paid for by the company. Not bad, it keeps me in shape and I've made as much as $550 in 8 or 10 hours. It's also in Los Angeles and I believe the rates are the same which is better because the cost of living is lower there.

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
..... It's also in Los Angeles and I believe the rates are the same which is better because the cost of living is lower there.
I never thought I'd see Los Angeles and cost of living is lower there in the same sentence. :eek: :wideyed:

Reactions: ntimevan

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It took a long time before my wife understood that if a person has a $20/hour job in Portland and another person in the country area I live at has a $10/hour job, after expenses at the end of the month, the person with the $10/hour job will have more money left over, living in a place where things are less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums