What is going on in Atlanta?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I looked up on Sylectus today and they had over 400 vehicles within 50 miles radius in Atlanta today; (I admit that some vans are counted twice or more due to multicarrier arrangement) but it’s still too many vans. I was able to get one to NM; lucky me, I guess.

Lucky? Depends on how you look at it ...
What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
Here, I'll help you out ...
Based on your annual numbers your vans are running at more than 20% off the mark. In your mind you make up for it by running them 40-50% harder. In my mind, there's nothing impressive about leaving that much money on the table. Same freight, same miles ... mind boggling.
I’ve picked the load from Sylectus myself, Atlanta to NM, 1400 miles for $1,500 it was XPO load for a Small ST.
1400 miles for 1.07 a mile?....... in a straight truck?
Come on man, you can do better than that!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
Based on your annual numbers your vans are running at more than 20% off the mark. In your mind you make up for it by running them 40-50% harder. In my mind, there's nothing impressive about leaving that much money on the table. Same freight, same miles ... mind boggling.
I’ve picked the load from Sylectus myself, Atlanta to NM, 1400 miles for $1,500 it was XPO load for a Small ST.

Rags, he's got vans not straight trucks. Loads can be classified as large straights or small straights. Some loads will originally get posted as a small straight for a few different reasons ... size, weight, maybe they want a team. Sometimes vans can accommodate small straight loads ... gotta pay attention to the details of the load. This is where those cube vans come into play often.

I'm thinking heavy load to middle of nowhere NM ... after the DH .. nothing great .. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Van2017 ..

Rags, he's got vans not straight trucks. Loads can be classified as large straights or small straights. Some loads will originally get posted as a small straight for a few different reasons ... size, weight, maybe they want a team. Sometimes vans can accommodate small straight loads ... gotta pay attention to the details of the load. This is where those cube vans come into play often.

I'm thinking heavy load to middle of nowhere NM ... after the DH .. nothing great .. I could be wrong.
Gotch ya

Reactions: Grizzly

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
I get that rate plus more in my Sprinter everyday.

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the rate?

Van2017 ..

What city in NM? Farmington?
Albuquerque, NM. Just got another short one from Albuquerque to El Paso.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van2017 ..

What city in NM? Farmington?
Albuquerque, NM. Just got another short one from Albuquerque to El Paso.

Yeah ok ...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I looked up on Sylectus today and they had over 400 vehicles within 50 miles radius in Atlanta today; (I admit that some vans are counted twice or more due to multicarrier arrangement) but it’s still too many vans. I was able to get one to NM; lucky me, I guess.

What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
I’ve picked the load from Sylectus myself, Atlanta to NM, 1400 miles for $1,500 it was XPO load for a Small ST, 1200 lbs.

Small straights only getting 1.07 a mile? o_O Doesn't sound right.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
I’ve picked the load from Sylectus myself, Atlanta to NM, 1400 miles for $1,500 it was XPO load for a Small ST, 1200 lbs.

My sprinter gets more than that everyday.

Reactions: guido4475

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van2017 ..

My sprinter gets more than that everyday.
I’m glad that you are so successful o/o and drive for good rates; but I sit at home and not behind the wheel. If I was driving myself I would probably drive for better rates. I’m more concerned about weekly gross. I can’t keep my drivers motivated on $1,500 weekly gross even at $1.20 per mile. I need $3K+ gross per week

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Too many trucks in Atlanta + a lot of trucks driving up from FL because it's pretty hard getting load out of there as well.