EFS card

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any gas vans using EFS cards? Wondering if they work at the gas islands. T-Chek worked at the pump at Pilot and FlyingJ but not at loves or TA. Had to go inside first. Just wondering if I want to go with the new EFS card or not.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes they do. They’re fee happy though: $1.25 for each transaction, and loading fees from $1-$5. My carrier uses EFS to give me a 25% fuel advance. It’s hella better than sitting OOS because you don’t have fuel money.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
IF You’re OOS ( for Financial reasons )until you get an advance on your load, it’s time to re-evaluate your business plan.
Running that tight leads to poor load decisions.

Maybe more so in Straights. It looks like very little difference between an average load and a good load in a van. Then occasionally a van gets great loads. I’ve hauled a few of those in my Straights.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pilot and Flying J EFS works for gas outside, except at Charlotte, NC, which I would avoid at all costs.

You also collect shower points there, and get $.03/gallon off a already competitive price.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
IF You’re OOS ( for Financial reasons )until you get an advance on your load, it’s time to re-evaluate your business plan.

Maybe more so in Straights. It looks like very little difference between an average load and a good load in a van. Then occasionally a van gets great loads. I’ve hauled a few of those in my Straights.
Who’s oos because of money? Just wondering if anyone is using this card for gassing up. I find a big spread in money on some van loads. Did a Canada load of few weeks ago that paid just under 1300,00 for 525 miles. Did a Cali load out of Tulsa got paid full rate for DH back to Tulsa. My business plan is solid lol. Not sure how it was assumed it wasn’t for a fuel card question. I don’t use credit for gas. Never have. Ran on advance from loads way back in the early 80’s for my big trucks. Still do the same today in the little truck.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Who’s oos because of money? Just wondering if anyone is using this card for gassing up. I find a big spread in money on some van loads. Did a Canada load of few weeks ago that paid just under 1300,00 for 525 miles. Did a Cali load out of Tulsa got paid full rate for DH back to Tulsa. My business plan is solid lol. Not sure how it was assumed it wasn’t for a fuel card question. I don’t use credit for gas. Never have. Ran on advance from loads way back in the early 80’s for my big trucks. Still do the same today in the little truck.

Ya might wanna take another look ....
I get over 4% of my fuel purchases back in rewards for using my credit card. I simply use it as a fuel card. If your cash flow is good, it doesn't make sense not to.
Oh, and the rewards $ are redeemed in prepaid cards .... basically cash. Have you ever used rewards cards to purchase a new set of tires for your van? I have .... it's awesome! Each prepaid card has $50 .... hand the guy at Discount Tire a stack of cards ... he's gotta run each one individually ... lol

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Ya might wanna take another look ....
I get over 4% of my fuel purchases back in rewards for using my credit card. I simply use it as a fuel card. If your cash flow is good, it doesn't make sense not to.
Oh, and the rewards $ are redeemed in prepaid cards .... basically cash. Have you ever used rewards cards to purchase a new set of tires for your van? I have .... it's awesome! Each prepaid card has $50 .... hand the guy at Discount Tire a stack of cards ... he's gotta run each one individually ... lol
When i was driving, my cc was tied to my Speedway rewards. I used speedy points to get fuel for my car. It was like free gas.....