Cargo Van I have no idea how I got here but this is neat.

delete_me_please

Active Expediter
Researching
I happen to have a '18 Ford Transit Connect based in Southern California, close to Malibu. I have no idea where to start, been driving for 16 years with no major infractions, and don't need to be home every night. It's like an open book, I can drive into a field and sit there for a year just twiddling my thumbs if I wanted to. Looking to see how I can profit from this van of mine.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
16 yrs in what capacity? What have you been driving? Vehicle? Freight? Territory?

delete_me_please

Active Expediter
Researching
16 yrs in what capacity? What have you been driving? Vehicle? Freight? Territory?
Nothing related to shipping. Just driving in general. I literally just got handed a '18 Ford Transit Connect so just looking around to see what I can do with it. I have tons of inside warehouse experience and absolutely zero hauling. It's definitely not the same but did logistical shipping in EVE Online. Under the assumption that anyone with a functioning brain can deliver things from point A to B, maybe even C and D. Have something on the way back so it's not a waste as well.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check local courier type outfits, like CEVA. Vehicle size is a little small, for over the road type expedite work.

Reactions: ntimevan

delete_me_please

Active Expediter
Researching
Check local courier type outfits, like CEVA. Vehicle size is a little small, for over the road type expedite work.
Yeah, when I search for Courier type jobs, they usually want me to drive their vehicles or some gig program like GoShare (not available here) and Roadie(might as well say that the majority of stuff is 0.01 a mile). Found some stuff on uShip but looking at bids, doesn't seem like customers respond to 90% of the listings that are bid on. Maybe offer my services on Craigslist, who knows. I don't.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Under the assumption that anyone with a functioning brain can deliver things from point A to B, maybe even C and D.

So under that assumption, where exactly are you currently?
Santa Barbara County California

I wasn't asking for a location update but that's fine we'll just move along ...

Can you pass a drug test?

delete_me_please

Active Expediter
Researching
Under the assumption that anyone with a functioning brain can deliver things from point A to B, maybe even C and D.

So under that assumption, where exactly are you currently?
Santa Barbara County California

I wasn't asking for a location update but that's fine we'll just move along ...

Can you pass a drug test?
I sure can!

Only two seats in this van and rubber non slip flooring in the back. This vehicle is not uber material lol.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’d contact Trump, the local trucking company with the black trucks, ( Trump Card?) Orange Courier (300 Drivers) with the white trucks, or put in a rear seat and windows if needed.
Theres also a very large overnight//courier service that pretty much covers Ca. Thier name escapes me.

Last edited: