2012 Hino 268 Allison Tranny

Larayon

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi can anyone tell me what would be the cause of the problem im having. During the cold climate only. Between 20-40 km/h my truck wont shift especially on an incline. Once I get to a straight road then it suddenly jerks and then picks up speed. After that its all fine. There is no dash lights on. I asked the dealer and they told me its normal to not have pickup. I told them its not normal to not have power in gear 2.

Reactions: junkpickup

Larayon

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi can anyone tell me what would be the cause of the problem im having. During the cold climate only. Between 20-40 km/h my truck wont shift especially on an incline. Once I get to a straight road then it suddenly jerks and then picks up speed. After that its all fine. There is no dash lights on. I asked the dealer and they told me its normal to not have pickup. I told them its not normal to not have power in gear 2.

Update, it was the brake switch slowing down the truck. I found this out buy holding the brake pedal up with my left foot and pressing down on the gas and its back to normal. Just used a bar and lifted the brake pedal a little so it pushes against the switch properly and now its back to normal. I hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
That's a very common issue. There is a proper fix that involves just replacing the brake pedal spring. This will cure your issue permanently or you can just adjust the switch every 6 months or so. To adjust the switch, turn it left, then push it down so it makes good contact then turn it right to lock it back in place. Replacing the spring is pretty simple I can have them in an out in less than 5 min. SZ50840002 Spring, Torsion This is the part number, call and get one from the dealer if interested. Given what you are describing for an issue you may have more than one problem. The uncommanded brake switch will not produce all the complaints you had listed.