Good layover in AL

mr_durdan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm heading to Vance, Alabama today and I don't know the area. My dispatcher didn't want to answer this question because the load isn't delivered yet. Will it be easy to get a load tomorrow out of Vance or is Birmingham or Tuscaloosa better to move to?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm heading to Vance, Alabama today and I don't know the area. My dispatcher didn't want to answer this question because the load isn't delivered yet. Will it be easy to get a load tomorrow out of Vance or is Birmingham or Tuscaloosa better to move to?
That is a good area for freight. Head to Flying j at exit 104 McCalla or to exit 100 Petro or Loves. Just 4 miles down the road from the Flying J. More room down at exit 100 to park. Too many bobtails down at exit 100. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is a good area for freight. Head to Flying j at exit 104 McCalla or to exit 100 Petro or Loves. Just 4 miles down the road from the Flying J. More room down at exit 100 to park. Too many bobtails down at exit 100. Hope this helps.

Thumbs DOWN on the J in McCalla! Not only are the showers too small, but I was ripped off the last time I was there. Made a purchase with a 20, the clerk claimed I gave him a 10. Even counted his drawer after I complained. I think I ended up covering a shortage he knew was coming. The Petro at exit 100 is a good place, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thumbs DOWN on the J in McCalla! Not only are the showers too small, but I was ripped off the last time I was there. Made a purchase with a 20, the clerk claimed I gave him a 10. Even counted his drawer after I complained. I think I ended up covering a shortage he knew was coming. The Petro at exit 100 is a good place, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Petro is the place i go to whenever I’m in that neck of the woods.