Load One August-Keep Rolling Strong

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good Tuesday morning all. Numbers are decent to start the day so hopefully they climb. Rainy and gloomy in Detroit...actually looks like the forecast all week.

Reactions: DollarSign

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Learning a valuable lesson this week about agreeing to a pre plan 5 days out.
Toooooo far out!

I didn't think it would have the effect that it has.....planned 5 days out but still available for dispatch in the mean time for runs of a length normal for a C unit. but, a dispatcher told me today it does change how your truck is viewed and what they can do with you system wise. Like I said....lesson learned. I like pre plans.....a lot....but need to view them a little different is all. Now, where is that shot glass.......

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
For me, I mostly do a preplanned in MI "close to the yard" a long run is available the next day ect and I'm the only long haul available. I stay and do locals/shorty's. A few times I can think off hand outside of the yard that I've been preplanned and its work 1 or 2 times I think. Like the dispatcher said, it changes the way they look at the truck. They only way to know is to ask or try it.

Oh I'm with you on preplanned loads. I've love them also!

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmill

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Everything ok today sir? LOL

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hopefully the start to a bright sunny and profitable week for everyone!

So far so good. Got one, then half hour later got preplanned for another one. Will be busy till Wednesday.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sooo, before I delivered the second one I got preplanned for another one. Done with that now and at home for some much needed rest. This begins to feel too much like work lately. Don't know if it is good or bad. Probably good after the slower July I had.

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hopefully the start to a bright sunny and profitable week for everyone!

So far so good. Got one, then half hour later got preplanned for another one. Will be busy till Wednesday.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sooo, before I delivered the second one I got preplanned for another one. Done with that now and at home for some much needed rest. This begins to feel too much like work lately. Don't know if it is good or bad. Probably good after the slower July I had.
Its GREAT and right now appreciate it! Do all you can cause you never know when you might not have a run and wont be long winter will be here.