CRE-BRUARY 2018

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
WOM your coffee pot is only feet away. Hope you get back to the reality soon we're you have to get out in -7 to get that replacement.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app
Knot stalling intentionally, but the part about missing Winter isn't too bad. Surgery this Thursday, recovery they didn't commit to? Believe me, I hate sitting at home

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Murray did pull off a good one on a Monday morning in southern California...Tustin, CA to Bothell, WA. Just got empty and wondering how he can top these last few loads...challenge submitted!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Challenge accepted! I just hate the load to Tampa I JUST lost went. Supposedly the customer wants the average speed at 65 MPH. Fine, someone ELSE will commit to that. I won't. :mad::mad::mad:

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
If they want it at 65 mph, then they never have driven 1,200 miles much less 3,000 miles. And they have no idea what the routing is, weather in those areas currently, and speed limits along with fuel stops. At 3,100 miles that is 47.69 hours transit versus the 62 hours (at 50 mph) all reputable carriers recognize as a legal transit. Not saying it can't be done, but I won't commit to that and definitely not at the rate they probably would be paying.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
We took about 50 hours to do a 2,720 mile run from essentially DC to San Diego, that was all dry weather, thru the southern portion of the country. I wonder if this customer has ever driven I-90 or I-80 from the west. Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas to name a few literally have barriers that they will block access to the highway in poor weather. Some of these areas may require chains even if they are open.

Also at 3,100 miles that is anywhere from 10 to 12 fuel stops. At 10 mins or so max per fuel stop that is 2 more hours which requires the driving speed to avg over 68 mph to equal a 65 mph avg transit.

Reactions: jcochristoph