The Boys Of Autumn Have Arrived

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Still don't know how they let the receiver get that open. The Dawgs had em after that sack and let them off the hook. Congrats to Bama for coming back and winning the game and Georgia for having them on the brink. The Dawgs should be a force to be reckoned with from now on in the SEC.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
And Saban is a freakin' genius for switching QBs ...

Bama fans make me sick but I can't help admire Saban ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Saban left Michigan State in the late1990's because he believed he couldn't out recruit UofM and also win big there. That's why he left for LSU and ultimately Alabama. A shrewd career move back then, but he was proven right. He was able to recruit better players and build a football dynasty at Alabama. They weren't saying he was some great HOF genius coach back then at MSU, but they are now.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saban left Michigan State in the late1990's because he believed he couldn't out recruit UofM and also win big there. That's why he left for LSU and ultimately Alabama. A shrewd career move back then, but he was proven right. He was able to recruit better players and build a football dynasty at Alabama. They weren't saying he was some great HOF genius coach back then at MSU, but they are now.
So anyone can do it?
How many coaches have won 6 National Championships?

I'm weary of debating you muttly .. You're a bitter Big10 fan not a college football fan ...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
f23e545b0c6ec36932322227223b1fbb.jpg

I can't wait to send the home office a lengthy email about my experience here .... lol

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
So anyone can do it?

I'm weary of debating you muttly .. You're a bitter Big10 fan not a college football fan ...

Now, now Boyz. We can all agree great game. No shoulda' coulda' or woulda' here. Season's over. One key thing about Saban, he changed the starter with an untested freshman and won. 99% of other coaches would stick with their gamplan, he didn't. They both deserved to be where they were and the best coach won. Words a Vol's fan chokes on

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
So anyone can do it?

No I didnt say that. My point is that Saban was the coach back then (at MSU) that he is now. But his success as a coach back then was constrained by the recruiting limitations of being at MSU (mostly considered a basketball school back then and being second fiddle to U of M in getting the talented kids out of the Michigan area). At the time he left he was highly criticized for turning his back on the program but he knew he had to go to a higher profile school to reach the success he wanted. I'm actually making the point that you have made about the talent down south so I am hardly a bitter Big 10 fan. I was rooting for Georgia though if only to see a different team from the SEC win a championship.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now, now Boyz. We can all agree great game. No shoulda' coulda' or woulda' here. Season's over. One key thing about Saban, he changed the starter with an untested freshman and won. 99% of other coaches would stick with their gamplan, he didn't. They both deserved to be where they were and the best coach won. Words a Vol's fan chokes on

I imagine Kirby thought he had the old man. It's amazing how in the biggest moments Saban does the unthinkable.

My heart goes out to the Bama kicker. You spend your whole life dreaming of the one big moment. The win will be bittersweet for him ..

What a pass to win the game! I can't recall Saban being so overjoyed after winning a Championship ..

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea shock is it man what a game the dawgs defense let up in the 4th got to give credit where credit is due congratulations Alabama an coach nick saban

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well here is to the 2018 season saban an bama the dawgs r coming back

Reactions: Grizzly

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So what do y’all think about the university of central Florida trying to claim a national championship for this year because they went undefeated

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Personally, I think they are just having fun with it, and, they deserve to. Good for fans and recruiting. But, they are knot that far removed from the team that Bama & UGA would invite for homecoming game.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Personally, I think they are just having fun with it, and, they deserve to. Good for fans and recruiting. But, they are knot that far removed from the team that Bama & UGA would invite for homecoming game.

Remember U C F beat Auburn in the Bowl game ... and we know who Auburn beat in regular season games...

another day .. another bowl of Popcorn

Reactions: muttly and Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well here is to the 2018 season saban an bama the dawgs r coming back

Just think .. those were both true freshman quarterbacks in the second half last night. They're only gonna get better ...

It's the one thing Bama has never had, a superstar QB .. well looks like they got one now. Oh, the misery as Saban keeps winning ..

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea they both lost to auburn an ucf beat auburn but do u think they really deserved to be a championship contender I don’t think they did they finished the season ranked 6th which is the highest they have ever been ranked if they play that good next year then yea throw them in the mix

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The issue with UCF is their schedule. Their in conference schedule doesn't justify a top 4 ranking. They gotta schedule tough out of conference games. For them that means taking the risk & going on the road to play whoever will host them. LSU, Michigan, Miami ... insert whatever big program you want. They gotta go on the road & win. Beating Auburn in a bowl game is one thing. A good solid win. Wanna face them during the season? That's a different matter altogether ..

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The issue with UCF is their schedule. Their in conference schedule doesn't justify a top 4 ranking. They gotta schedule tough out of conference games. For them that means taking the risk & going on the road to play whoever will host them. LSU, Michigan, Miami ... insert whatever big program you want. They gotta go on the road & win. Beating Auburn in a bowl game is one thing. A good solid win. Wanna face them during the season? That's a different matter altogether ..

Didn't we have this discussion about Bama and their schedule, (very weak SEC overall this year) losing to a top ten team during regular season? Bama lost on the road to Auburn. Lol
But justified top 4 ranking how?
And no. LSU wasn't a signature win during the regular season. They lost to TROY.
And no. neither was MSU. They lost to Mississippi. Lol

Last edited: