All NFL Teams 2017 - 2018

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
detroit-lions-1957-results-championship-baltimorc-34-lions-14-grccn-10689241.png

And I remember their last playoff win very well, I was there :)

Sunday January 5th, 1992
A day that my favorite QB (Erik Kramer) and Coach (Wayne Fontes) crushed the Cowboys 38-6
Ahhh memories, It's all a Lions fan has to hold on to :rolleyes:

Erik and Wayne.JPG

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well growing up 15 miles from NYC before there we're Jets & Mets, it was all Yankees, Giants and Football Giants. My youngest son started at UT the year of the Championship win. Followed Peyton as a Colts fan. I hated Bronco's BUT things change. Eli is a very talented and hard working QB but I am neutral on whether he plays another year. I say keep him, draft the best QB you can and see what shake out next July.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Eli has always baffled me. I watch a lot of football but never saw a game where I thought Gee, I wish he played for my team.
Brady, many.
Farve, yes.
Rogers, yes
Even Stafford, Peyton, the list is large.
I just never remember seeing a great performance by Eli. I know he had them.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just picked up on WOM being a Giants fan.
Worse than a Lions or Jets fan.
Close to being a Browns fan.

I wonder if when he drove into the water he was hoping it was 10 feet deep ?

Eli has always baffled me. I watch a lot of football but never saw a game where I thought Gee, I wish he played for my team.
Brady, many.
Farve, yes.
Rogers, yes
Even Stafford, Peyton, the list is large.
I just never remember seeing a great performance by Eli. I know he had them.

Being a Giants fan ain't that bad ..... which team won the Super Bowl in 2008 & 2012?
Such short memories .... that wasn't that long ago. Many, MANY fan bases would GLADLY take 2 championships in the past 10 yrs.

As far as Eli goes, it boggles my mind how underrated he is. 210 consecutive starts .... he hadn't missed a game since he entered the league. That's 14 straight years as a starter in the NFL!

It's because of how we look at & evaluate quarterbacks. People are always trying to rank the best quarterback instead of appreciating the different qualities that makes each one successful.
Brady is fun to watch because he wins!
Rodgers makes everything look so effortless.
Farve was a gunslinger.
Eli is clutch!

Eli has never had the gifts these other guys have .... but he epitomizes who he is in life. He's the little kid brother who gets the snot beat out of him & keeps getting back up for more.

Never saw a game where ya thought gee I wished he played for my team ...? Watch those 2 Super Bowls again ... there's TWO games. He's the only man walking the planet that ever beat Brady in the big game ... & he did it TWICE!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One more thing ..... Eli is going to the Hall of Fame.
Stafford ..? PL-EEEASE ..... give me a break ...

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just said I’ve seen games where Stafford has been exciting to watch.
I don’t remember seeing either Giants -Patriots Super Bowl.
Although a fan forever I haven’t had the luxury to watch much until a few years ago.
Trying to make up for it now.
Is there anything better than watching a Belichick news conference when he’s not happy ?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just said I’ve seen games where Stafford has been exciting to watch.
I don’t remember seeing either Giants -Patriots Super Bowl.
Although a fan forever I haven’t had the luxury to watch much until a few years ago.
Trying to make up for it now.
Is there anything better than watching a Belichick news conference when he’s not happy ?

Stafford has thrown for a bunch of yards .... a BUNCH! Of course he benefited from having Megatron to throw to for so many years.
Yeah, I strongly recommend watching those 2 Super Bowls if you have some free time ... or at minimum watch the highlights.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Eli is a grinder. He passes like fullbacks ( do they still exist) run, grinding out every yard. You are right Grizz, knock him down and he gets back up. It's been years since he has been a
Deep threat. He is criticized for interceptions but he is way down the career list at 19th and a name way up the list that has played the same # of game is Unitas. Drew Brees is leading this season. I think Eli (unfortunately) will not be able to go out on a high like Peyton. The Giants lack key elements. OL, HB & TE. You can have a great QB and the best receivers but if you don't have 2 of the above the defense owns the field.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
One more thing ..... Eli is going to the Hall of Fame.
Stafford ..? PL-EEEASE ..... give me a break ...
There is not much differnce between the two,talent wise. Both can throw the great pass and also have the propensity to throw the interception. Eli often does play like the little brother that gets beat up. He has played on better teams than Stafford.
He may get In the HOG because of his SuperBowl wins and the way he played in them. Two plays sort of etched in my memory are the scramble ( nearly sacked and his jersey being tugged)and then throwing a 4th down pass to David Tyree. The second, was the perfect deep ball along the sideline to receiver Mario Manningham. Another clutch SuperBowl play. An awesome play.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Bengals won a game. No seriously, they did! Beat the Ravens, making everyone in Buffalo happy.

In other AFC North News, the Cleveland Browns join the 2008 Detroit Lions as the only NFL teams to ever go 0-16.