Pilot/Flying J Travel Center

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hello to everyone! This is about Pilot/Flying J Travel Center. Feel free to post anything about Pilot/Flying J and there Travel Center!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I was at the Pilot in Castaic CA off of I 5 and to let everyone know that there not letting any expediter cargo vans park up front. There is a spot behind the Cat Scales for cargo vans and bobtails.

I wasn't too pleased as I told the manager that were not the problem. As I told him that it's the cars and trucks that are being left in the lot for hours unattended/days, that's the problem.

He knew I was right cause of the expression on his face told the story, LOL. He simply ask me to move to the back as I said I would.

There was a Wendys inside, that's been gone for a year now. They still have a parking problem, SMH/LOL.

Reactions: RoadTime

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I loved Castaic.
Across the street, Tia’s Mexican Restaurant behind a little store. Awesome
Donut shop. Opens 04:00 . Very good.
Two chrome shops that realized and filled the need with hoses, filters, airbags, etc.
Taco trucks, a bar, other little eateries in that 3 block stretch.
State Park/Lake within walking distance.
If I knew it fit my plan I either got there early enough to park or reserved a paid spot.
Daily/long term Parkers definitely a problem.

Reactions: DollarSign

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Aside from Castaic, I wouldn’t care if Pilot fell off the earth.
Only if someone else would sell their Coffee. The only reason for their existence in my book.
They should sell the Truckstops and invest the money in the Browns.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Aside from Castaic, I wouldn’t care if Pilot fell off the earth.
Only if someone else would sell their Coffee. The only reason for their existence in my book.
They should sell the Truckstops and invest the money in the Browns.
They have sold haven't you heard! Warren Buffett bought them and will own 47% in 5 years!

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Castaic is hit or miss ... Six months ago, I got booted from the front lot like I was a criminal. In Nov I stayed there for 3 very nice, relaxing nights. I like the renovations they did to that store.

There's a bunch of locations I like. Maybe we should start Top 10, Worst 10 lists ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whiteland Indiana J.

Lucky me, I got shower #1 The handicap shower.

I was already not happy that the electric plug didn't work. So no fan, charging, or on this nice cold day, unable to blow dry my hair.

Besides subpar cleaning, I had this lovely shower waiting. Obviously, they have some hard water issues, but come on man, I didn't even want to touch anything

04b0c25d81d3621f56ed6496c6cad0cb.jpg

e4ecf8b36b678b1118c49278ca344c0f.jpg

6fb068e606469abe4cee26b59d6995dd.jpg

d309225372dd3ac9c3dd1919a0c22ea6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering if they ever cleaned them

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
So far, knock on wood, I have not had a bad PFJ shower in 3 years. Some have needed better attention and some show signs of wear but all acceptable to excellent.

Even showered this AM at the Pilot off East I-285 in Hotlanta. Other than the loud Rap & Hip Hop it was fine.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app