Stolen MC number ??

sawslider

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I received a call today from towing company. They were asking for the owner or my company, they said one of my trucks was getting towed. I only have one truck and it is on my yard.

Is someone using my MC number??? Does anyone have experience something like this?? Should I be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I received a call today from towing company. They were asking for the owner or my company, they said one of my trucks was getting towed. I only have one truck and it is on my yard.

Is someone using my MC number??? Does anyone have experience something like this?? Should I be concerned.

Have them take pic of truck being towed. I am thinking someone is looking for a free tow and repair bill.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Just looking for an update. Hopefully everything is ok.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did you ask how he got your number ?
He may just call random trucking companies, hoping to catch someone that he can sucker into paying some fees or deposit.
Or he could have transposed some numbers, calling you by mistake.

sawslider

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
It was a mistake the guy from the towing company typed the wrong MC number and my came up! But it was just a confusion. Thanks for you help