What keeps you up at night?

Kristy

Expo Manager
On Time Media Staff
Hey all, I am the event manager for Expedite Expo I am working on our topics for our networking roundtables for 2018, this is where you sit with your peers & discuss topics that will help you to be more successful.
Tell me 3 things that keep you up at night that I can use to create topics for our roundtables (ELD, purchasing a truck, business management), and maybe your question will be created into a topic for a roundtable. Thanks for your help!

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
What keeps me up at night ?

A weak bladder.

Others on here ?
Evidently not much.
e1511448373905a1a14c764d9364256d.jpg

Falling cows for sure keep me up at night.

Sent from my LGLS990 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
For me it's nothing. I make sure I get a good night's rest cause you never know what tomorrow brings. At the end it all comes out in the wash. LOL

Reactions: ntimevan

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What keeps me up or more so confused.....

Well, not understanding why we as drivers, aren’t on a point\credit system ourselves. What I mean is like our selectus boards or other boards out there that help us obtain loads and tell us what customer or Broker is safe to work with and which ones do not pay on time and it all kind of works off of a point or credit system, allowing us the knowledge to know who is trustworthy of our business and whom is paying on time. Why aren’t we as drivers given points on our success rate of getting the load to the business on time or way ahead of time, maybe presentation of the commercial vehicle bringing you the load, is it a heap of garbage, Penske truck, rusted losing parts rolling into your lot, driver doesn’t speak English, I could do this all night long and list the reasons why we as drivers should be recognized and maybe even awarded a more plentiful business opportunity with certain customers. I mean aren’t we out here striving to be successful, noticed, getting our foot in the door of bigger and better customers that actually care about what, who and how their product is being transported?

Just my two cents, I feel the driver (that can speak English) or equipment the driver is using says a lot about the customer hiring them.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They hire you, they pay you to do the job at assigned time. No points however, reputation could be considered your (our), point system.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This industry does run on points....the 2 numbers after the decimal in the price.

If shippers want top quality drivers and equipment....generally they know who to call....the rest look only at a number.

I like your idea Tim....just don't think quality matters to a good chunk of this biz anymore.