XPO Logistics Ready To Buy Again

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ryder Integrated Logistics, Ceva and R & L would be his best move. Ryder and Xpo have been in the same bed since that dip :censoredsign: owned NLM. Whats his name, Scott? Or something

Sent from my LGLS990 using EO Forums mobile app

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
They were owned by Landstar when XPO bought them. Scott Taylor is the guy that founded them.
I don't know what drives your opinion about him, but I'd guess he's probably done okay since selling it off.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
This thread would be a great place for wikiexpedite. Those who have been in for many years can build a history for others, like

When did expedite start

When did vans start

What company was first

Who bought whom

Who were the big 5 years ago

What happened to them

When was the best year(s)

What $$ did it bring

Just need one old timer to start with a few comments and others can build on it with additional info, like Wikipedia.

I'm 66 in my third year but am curious about our history

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
They were owned by Landstar when XPO bought them. Scott Taylor is the guy that founded them.
I don't know what drives your opinion about him, but I'd guess he's probably done okay since selling it off.
What drives my opinion ( and its just that, my opinion) I was one of the few that was around soon after Scott started NLM, i was in his office several times and I was fortunate to be one of the few carrier / brokers posting freight on their board on the "never say no" program as a broker back in the day.

As a carrier me and him went rounds on some issues after he sold out to Landstar and went and hid across the parking lot cherry picking loads from his other company that he owned and gave them directly to the landstar brokerage d when it should of came out for bid to the flatbed carriers that where paying the 3 million dollar insurance premiums for GM and building $60,000 conestoga trailers like I did.

I admire him dont get me wrong hes a smart guy and he afforded me many opportunities, but he also got greedy and sold out the very people that helped him look great at what he did.

I met many of great people at NLM that are still around in the industry and I am thankful for that also. But greed is just not what motivates me so my opinion is for good reason.

Sent from my LGLS990 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This thread would be a great place for wikiexpedite. Those who have been in for many years can build a history for others, like

When did expedite start

When did vans start

What company was first

Who bought whom

Who were the big 5 years ago

What happened to them

When was the best year(s)

What $$ did it bring

Just need one old timer to start with a few comments and others can build on it with additional info, like Wikipedia.

I'm 66 in my third year but am curious about our history

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

There's info on this forum to answer some of those questions, just gotta dig a bit ....
Do a search for Roberts Express....