Dog Days of August at CRE.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 4 in El Paso, TX. Hoping to get out today with freight. Realizing we have spent almost 2 weeks traveling thru or in between loads in TX. To contrast that, we have been home for 28 hours since July 18. Curious if we need to change our state of residence lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
I did that back in January and February and for a single made out fine.....Texas, Oka, and LA...just around in circles

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so you still have that load on?.....any word of getting layover pay?...
Interesting Thought? Layover may be a couple of days. Do you get layover pay for a nature event? I'm sure RR doez.

Should.... shipper or whoever is responsible should have taken this into account ...or they should make arrangements for you to deliver elsewhere ... now you have their property safe and dry in good shape... for that alone they should pay from $150.00 to a low of $75.00 per day storage fee... they could write it off their insurance ...

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Interesting Thought? Layover may be a couple of days. Do you get layover pay for a nature event? I'm sure RR doez.

Should.... shipper or whoever is responsible should have taken this into account ...or they should make arrangements for you to deliver elsewhere ... now you have their property safe and dry in good shape... for that alone they should pay from $150.00 to a low of $75.00 per day storage fee... they could write it off their insurance ...

You ALL know me better than to question IF Don will get layover pay on this. He'll get it even if CRE doesn't get it. That said, Don is on his way to his alternate drop site now. Woot!!!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

You ALL know me better than to questing IF Don will get layover pay on this. He'll get it even if CRE doesn't get it. That said, Don is on his way to his alternate drop site now. Woot!!!
I was just poking Don....We knew you'd do what you could, you always do..thats what makes Crossroads a stand up carrier....that many others could not even compare...its all good buddy...:)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

You ALL know me better than to questing IF Don will get layover pay on this. He'll get it even if CRE doesn't get it. That said, Don is on his way to his alternate drop site now. Woot!!!
I was just poking Don....We knew you'd do what you could, you always do..thats what makes Crossroads a stand up carrier....that many others could not even compare...its all good buddy...:)

Thanks Ken! I still get excited when I see loads out of SD!! LOL!!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Thanks Ken! I still get excited when I see loads out of SD!! LOL!!!!

And I retired your jersey!!!!