It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stay far far away from that J.
I usually do also, but the Dallas market seems to be sensitive to how close a van is to a given pickup. The better truckstops are a ways out of town. Had I not gotten out, I would have gone to the Pilot in Fort Worth.

.... unless you mean the J in McCalla; THAT is the bunghole of the universe, IMHO.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You guys keep talking about Murray and CRE here like you are honeymoon lovebirds.
OK, we get it, you love him. Just gets boring hearing about your boss all the time.

Sent from my i-sung.

Oh...Oh....
Let me grab some Fresh Popcorn ....

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Well working for a company that doesn't :censoredsign: you or charge you endlessly for a QC that you never own, or one that doesn't broker out freight you can haul and need and are near to, a guy who has strong motivation to get the freight on your truck and gets it there...wwll when you find it, you aren't afraid to tell him that he is appreciated. If you dislike it, don't read it please...feel free to scroll on by.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Getting excited aren't we?
I could say few things to argue with you, but I will choose to hold it out, to prevent older folks from getting their blood pressure up.
Wishing you good day!

Sent from my i-sung.
I am just Lol thinking about the EO Cheerleader uniforms that were put away in the Closet around 2 years ago .... Pom Poms and all ... heck even OVM used to wear a set of those ....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
You guys keep talking about Murray and CRE here like you are honeymoon lovebirds.
OK, we get it, you love him. Just gets boring hearing about your boss all the time.

Sent from my i-sung.
I get that. It's an old guy thing from when you were committed to an employer. Kind of a 60's thing, like the Beach Boy's "Be True To Your School". When you do the song, replace the word school with "carrier" AND when it gets the the cheering part, close your eyes and imagine OVM jumping in the air with Pom Poms

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get that. It's an old guy thing from when you were committed to an employer. Kind of a 60's thing, like the Beach Boy's "Be True To Your School". When you do the song, replace the word school with "carrier" AND when it gets the the cheering part, close your eyes and imagine OVM jumping in the air with Pom Poms

OVM .... back in the days as an EO Cheerleader ...

e35d414084a3b92b24b2fd4440ebc2c2.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well working for a company that doesn't :censoredsign: you or charge you endlessly for a QC that you never own, or one that doesn't broker out freight you can haul and need and are near to, a guy who has strong motivation to get the freight on your truck and gets it there...wwll when you find it, you aren't afraid to tell him that he is appreciated. If you dislike it, don't read it please...feel free to scroll on by.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
Ok we all like Murry and think he's an up front guy but let's have a little reality for those looking at new carriers. No you don't pay for a qc but a good number of you pay more for insurance than a qc and insurance combined at some other carriers. You don't end up owning insurance either. No Murry doesn't broker freight he is basically a small one man show and loading his vans takes all of his time. Most companies your size don't broker freight. You are a very small company with low overhead partially because some of those costs are passed to the driver allowing a different approach to bidding and resulting in a few more bids won. Having a good reputation with carriers you run for certainly helps but we all know for the most part price is king when it comes to bids won or lost.

Cheerleaders is an old thing on here and no one can fault a driver if they are proud of who they run for.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While gassing up at West Memphis ... i picked up some Pizza .... my Popcorn was all gone ....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Anyway, arrived in Holden MA at 3AM, a few hours sleep and delivered at 8. Then to Dunkin and a power nap. Need to be home for the weekend so was planning on waiting out the day then DH home. Then BANG, those lousy dispatchers at the company I work for disturbed my second nap with a load going to Jersey, 75 miles from home. And I told them I would run for gas money just to get home BUT they insisted on twice that amount. Frickin' dispatch always telling me what to do. And that office gal, what's her name, oh Sylvia, paid me without being asked AND it was the correct amount. I can't continue being treated like this, I'm looking for another carrier

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've never been one to shy away when I do something pretty stupid, but this one even surprised me

Since my van is in the shop with not much to do, I decided to try out the portable tv antenna I bought for the van TV to see if I could get any stations from home.

I have two old tv's I could test it out on. But both need a digital tuner box. I knew I had one box somewhere. So I spent the last couple of hours searching the house and the shed. I found the remote, but that's all. As I was finally about to give up, a unbelievable light bulb turned on.

Dude, you have a brand new HD TV sitting on the kitchen table!

Talk about feeling beyond stupid.

I guess in my mind, I thought it was in the van. But actually, I totally forgot I even had it

990bf346cb42749858cfb1adbab35511.jpg

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
I'm not laughing at you...... Wait, yes i am!

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyway, arrived in Holden MA at 3AM, a few hours sleep and delivered at 8. Then to Dunkin and a power nap. Need to be home for the weekend so was planning on waiting out the day then DH home. Then BANG, those lousy dispatchers at the company I work for disturbed my second nap with a load going to Jersey, 75 miles from home. And I told them I would run for gas money just to get home BUT they insisted on twice that amount. Frickin' dispatch always telling me what to do. And that office gal, what's her name, oh Sylvia, paid me without being asked AND it was the correct amount. I can't continue being treated like this, I'm looking for another carrier

Hey, you forgot to mention who you working for.
We have no idea who you are talking about.
Dang, that's $0.25 - great rate. When did rate jump so high?

Sent from my i-sung.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.