Verizon Canadian Travel Pass

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
FYI. Just crossed into Canada and my daily Travel Pass for Canadian coverage kicked in. Received message from Verizon and was told by daily Travel Pass was now $5/day and instead of the usual $2/day. Will have to look into their monthly Canadian plans for Canadian coverage. May have to change plans if things get too expensive.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
FYI. Just crossed into Canada and my daily Travel Pass for Canadian coverage kicked in. Received message from Verizon and was told by daily Travel Pass was now $5/day and instead of the usual $2/day. Will have to look into their monthly Canadian plans for Canadian coverage. May have to change plans if things get too expensive.

When I was with Verizon, $150.00 per month for one thousand minutes of phone. No internet.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon's "go ahead and use your US plan in Canada&Mexico just like home" now has a LOT of limitations. Data is limited to 3G speeds and 512MB a day..then 2G only...which is completely useless. The speed..or lack thereof on most Canadian 3G networks mean most apps will time out or just plain not work. So if you are going away from the travel pass deal..be wary.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
$5.00 a day WAS cheap...to use your plan till Piper posted the new limitations...I don't need apps when I cross anyways that is not an issue...I just need the phone service.....so 1x does me just fine...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon's "go ahead and use your US plan in Canada&Mexico just like home" now has a LOT of limitations. Data is limited to 3G speeds and 512MB a day..then 2G only...which is completely useless. The speed..or lack thereof on most Canadian 3G networks mean most apps will time out or just plain not work. So if you are going away from the travel pass deal..be wary.

from the Verizon site.....and this is a cut and paste....

Instead of paying per minute, per message, or per MB you'll be charged a flat rate with TravelPass. The daily rate is $5/day in Mexico and Canada and $10/day in other countries where TravelPass is available. You'll use your minutes, messages and data allowances from your domestic plan. 4G data speeds apply for the first 512 MB/day with reduced speeds thereafter. The daily charge only applies on days you use your service outside of the US, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.

Which is different then Piper posted....

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It will continue to be status quo (Travel Pass) for the time being unless I start going more frequently (right now maybe 2 to 3 times a month). Also have had no issues with service over there neither.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which is different then Piper posted....

All I can say is that is what started happening to me in April after years of no issues at all and full speed and full data. When I called to complain...I was told 3g only...and only for 512mb....and that's exactly what my phone did each time.