April 2017 locations & Gossip

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drove by there Friday, looked good so may try it on another trip. How was the noise, sense of security at night?

My time there was pretty nice and quiet. Got pretty busy during the day, but night was nice. Other then no showers, enjoyed being there.

Reactions: Treadmill

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to I-88 and saw trooper behind pulled over semi, figured speeder got caught, then saw trooper in cab digging at something, figured drug search by driver's seat, then as I passed I saw trooper apparently trying to get driver's t-shirt off or opened. Driver slumped back in seat, blood all over his shirt. Learned later that driver was shot, perhaps in road rage nonsense, he had time to pull over before bleeding out, pronounced dead at hospital. Scary what goes on out there, on top of usual crazy drivers and bad weather. This was close to that Pilot, but had nothing to do with it.

That is pretty scary. A reminder that life on the road can also lead to death :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
thats a lot to see in what maybe 3 seconds? First you see him rifling in the CAB.."then saw trooper in cab digging at something".
then the trooper ripping open a shirt and then you can actually see blood from the distance..???...so the officer is in the cab like in the cab and you seen this while coming up from behind??? or had he dragged the driver to the ground by then? .and this is all at what 60 mph as you pass by? hmmmm you have 1 quick eye...

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
thats a lot to see in what maybe 3 seconds? First you see him rifling in the CAB.."then saw trooper in cab digging at something".
then the trooper ripping open a shirt and then you can actually see blood from the distance..???...so the officer is in the cab like in the cab and you seen this while coming up from behind??? or had he dragged the driver to the ground by then? .and this is all at what 60 mph as you pass by? hmmmm you have 1 quick eye...
Usually people slow down at that point, OVM.
Curiosity, Rubber-neckers they call them.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drove by there Friday, looked good so may try it on another trip. How was the noise, sense of security at night?

Got to I-88 and saw trooper behind pulled over semi, figured speeder got caught, then saw trooper in cab digging at something, figured drug search by driver's seat, then as I passed I saw trooper apparently trying to get driver's t-shirt off or opened. Driver slumped back in seat, blood all over his shirt. Learned later that driver was shot, perhaps in road rage nonsense, he had time to pull over before bleeding out, pronounced dead at hospital. Scary what goes on out there, on top of usual crazy drivers and bad weather. This was close to that Pilot, but had nothing to do with it.
Undercover parked all night. Can't be worse than any other inner-city Truck stops.
Slept like a baby, quiet and nice place.

Reactions: RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Usually people slow down at that point, OVM.
Curiosity, Rubber-neckers they call them.
I don't slowdown for every rig pulled over....do you?...Hey if he seen it ..he seen it...but he missed his calling, should have been a cop himself with them skills...:)

Reactions: VSprinter

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
cold dreary and sprinkling rain to wake up to..with the weatherman hissing that word snow in his forcast.. Trying really hard to be cheery but I'm day dreaming about a warm island with waves tickling my feet!
From the way Ken talks the only island you are going to see is an ice flo in the Artic and the warmth will be from the hungry Polar Bear eyeing you fondly

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
cold dreary and sprinkling rain to wake up to..with the weatherman hissing that word snow in his forcast.. Trying really hard to be cheery but I'm day dreaming about a warm island with waves tickling my feet!
From the way Ken talks the only island you are going to see is an ice flo in the Artic and the warmth will be from the hungry Polar Bear eyeing you fondly

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
erect a sail on an ice flow and go cruisin....:p

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy

I was in the slow lane so next to semi as I passed. Traffic was slow, rush hour, and amount of blood was hard to miss. Read later that highway soon shut down, up to 6 hours before all lanes open again. Imagine the wrecks if that driver wasn't able to pull to the shoulder.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I was in the slow lane so next to semi as I passed. Traffic was slow, rush hour, and amount of blood was hard to miss. Read later that highway soon shut down, up to 6 hours before all lanes open again. Imagine the wrecks if that driver wasn't able to pull to the shoulder.
thanks for the added detail....happy trails...:)